What do you think sounds the best?

1sickstang

Dec 9, 2006
Hi everyone i have an 02 GT and was wondering whats a good exhaust system to get. I want something that sounds sick n gets peoples attention. From some local people they have told me to go with SLP X pipe and SLP loudmouth catback, i've also heard to go with flowmaster 40 series and magnaflow. Figured i would come to the people who know best though. Would like to hear what you all have and what you think would be my best bet. Thanks for the comments and info

• Sponsors (?)

I personally would rather spend money on rwhp than sound...that being said, if I could do it all over again, I would go Dr. Gas x-pipe with Flowmasters. A proven power making combo and sounds darn good as well.

Myself I go with sound over power. Pretty much all cat backs and mid pipes will make about the same about of hp. Now for sound, that is all personal choice. I like the deep, rumbly sound. I currently have LMIIs and they are the best sounding so far that I have had.

i have bassani o/r x pipe no cats (if you can get away with that) flowmasters 2.75" step up after the rear end 3.5" chrome tips all is 2.5"to the step ups and this gets even the GM guys attention and yes they do stare. but its all in the $$$ you want to spend

I've got a custom Magnaflow system on my car and it sounds great. Nice deep rumble without the highway drone of a chambered muffler set up. Still sounds muscular when you hit it, but I bought it mainly because it was one of the least obnoxious sounding systems out there under all other throttle conditions. :nice:

.......I like the quiet exhaust note.....it allows me to concentrate on the sound of my Eaton screaming back at me when I've got my foot in it. :D