what does everyone know about the BXR intake manifold.

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
i heard that installing the intake on a bone stock long block made over 400hp! i also heard a few other things, but what do you guys know about it. when did they make it, how much was it... stuff like that. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

ive seen some on ebay, very hard to find, VERY expensive, I think they go for like $1000 or more, never heard any stats on them but ive heard their badass!

carbed87 said:
i heard that installing the intake on a bone stock long block made over 400hp! i also heard a few other things, but what do you guys know about it. when did they make it, how much was it... stuff like that. :SNSign:

BXR?????? damit i saw one of them yesderday.... :bang: he wants 750 for it i belive ill ask him

mob said:
ive seen some on ebay, very hard to find, VERY expensive, I think they go for like $1000 or more, never heard any stats on them but ive heard their badass!

lol, i can just picture some guy nojalontaly (sp?) taking it to a metal scap yard and cashing it in for lunch at applebee's or something

I've heard there was some timing issues due to the distributer relocation.

BTW, you aren't going to get nearly that much power with just an intake on a stock mustang. Hell, if you took the entire intake off and let the engine run wide open it still wouldn't get that much power.

Skoobie said:
Yeah no way is an intake gonna add 185 HP...:rolleyes:

exactly what i think as well, but i've heard from more then one source that it happened. (i guess due to it's finely tuned runner legnth). now wether this is true or not, it was belived enough to be published in not one but two mustang tuning books, so it could be a possability. like i said, im skeptical as well, but i mean ****, if this kind of info's getting published then there must be some kind of truth behind it. even so, if it did add that kind of power, theres no way in hell im paying a G for an intake, let alone relocate numerous parts just to get the damn thing on.

carbed87 said:
eh... what the hell am i thinking, blowers don't even add that much hp. oh well... still looks cool

its ok. looks to much like a LS1 intake with the thorttle body in the front. oone day when i own a 5.0 i am getting a GT40 for it. love the looks of them. or that BBK si intake or whatever they call it:shrug:

ryan218 said:
its ok. looks to much like a LS1 intake with the thorttle body in the front. oone day when i own a 5.0 i am getting a GT40 for it. love the looks of them. or that BBK si intake or whatever they call it:shrug:

i had the tubuler gt-40 on my last stanky, and i LOVED IT! im trying to find one for my notch, but all the ones i see now are really expensive