What does everyone think of my dyno numbers

I got my car dynoed yesterday, and was wondering what everyone thought. I thought I'd hit at least 240hp, but it was close. I hit 237mp and 279 trq at the wheels. The only other mod besides what in my sig is, I bypassed the smog pump. The A/F was at 13:1. Could it be better? I wasn't tuning, just getting numbers. Is it known to go higher than 14* timing for more HP? I'd like to know if I can lean it out more and or advance the timng a bit more.

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Good numbers, but if you want more, for cheap, get a stock HO cam (has been said to be better than a Cobra) and mill the GT-40s, as well as some 1.84/1.54 valves. My dads car with that combo laid down 282 rwhp/319 rwtq. Your car is making good power, now just spend a little more and make some awesome power!

25thmustang said:
Good numbers, but if you want more, for cheap, get a stock HO cam (has been said to be better than a Cobra) and mill the GT-40s, as well as some 1.84/1.54 valves. My dads car with that combo laid down 282 rwhp/319 rwtq. Your car is making good power, now just spend a little more and make some awesome power!
If I'm going to get a cam, wouldn't it be a better idea to get an aftermarket cam, that will work with the combo? And, I thought the GT40's had those valve sizes already? I've been looking for a site that will tell me every little detail like that on the 93 Cobra's. Thanks for the input so far.

Yes I would get a better cam then the HO if you want to buy one, the 2031 is a decent cam that has a nice smooth curve and works well with stock Cobra 1.7s. In our 93 Cobra we had 304RWHP with a stock Cobra motor, 2031 cam, ported/polished heads, extrude honed intake, 83mm MAF, 1.625" shorties, MAC cat H-Pipe and Mac Cat Back.

I think your numbers look pretty good!

Rick 91GT said:
Yes I would get a better cam then the HO if you want to buy one, the 2031 is a decent cam that has a nice smooth curve and works well with stock Cobra 1.7s. In our 93 Cobra we had 304RWHP with a stock Cobra motor, 2031 cam, ported/polished heads, extrude honed intake, 83mm MAF, 1.625" shorties, MAC cat H-Pipe and Mac Cat Back.

I think your numbers look pretty good!
Who makes the 2031 cam? About how much does it cost to get the porting done? Would YOU happen to know where to get all the details about 93 Cobra motors?

Crane makes the 2031 cam. I run it in my car.

I wouldnt mill the heads, just port them. Good port work isnt cheap. Look to spend several hundred dollars. I spent 400.00 to have my heads done by a local guy and thats cheap for the work he did.

You might be better off to try and sell your GT-40s and buy some other heads. A set of GT-40s might get you 400.00 or so dollars.

CobraWannabe said:
Who makes the 2031 cam? About how much does it cost to get the porting done? Would YOU happen to know where to get all the details about 93 Cobra motors?

If you have a fax number I can fax you all the build sheets I have direct from Ford that gives you almost any spec you need... I'll have to dig them up.

[email protected]

I personally would upgrade to a better head then spend money on the GT40's unless you want to keep them for a specific reason.

It is a nice curve except at 3000... That is where most 5.0's peak at for torque but yours takes a dive :shrug:. I know that the cobra's use the thunderbird cam but I thought it was so they would make better bottom end power. hmmmm..... I bet even the stock HO cam would probably be worth some power and those could be had for free :). Not to mention better response (bottom end power). If you are going to buy one though screw stock and go for one of the XE comp cams grinds. I love those :D.

I don't think it's the cams fault that it took the dive at 3000. After my first pull, I was told to ease into the gas and not stomp it like I did the first run. I think I was too easy on it, and it wasn't accurate.

And thanks for all the useful info so far guys.