What does it take to beat those new camaro ss's

I have heard they generally run low 13's in stock form. I have saw dyno's anywhere from 365 rwhp to 394rwhp I also know that even with me having a vert i'd still have around a 400 pound weight difference., I rarely see one where the driver is getting on it....Just wondering how much horsepower it would take to show one of these our taillights....I'm really hoping that with the mods in my sig I may be able to eat one at the track.....Granted it's harder for me than you pi guys, although this is not your average npi :)....any thoughts as to what you have personally saw them dyno or quarter miles runs? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I had an encounter with one. I was making a right turn out of an intersection, ss was waiting at the light. He saw me and and kept inching it. I pulled away slowly, but to be honest I didn't floor it or even go past 4.5-5k rpm.

If they run low 13s in a magazine, it's a professional driver in ideal conditions. I bet most of the boneheads that drive it can't break into the 13s.

I have heard they generally run low 13's in stock form. I have saw dyno's anywhere from 365 rwhp to 394rwhp I also know that even with me having a vert i'd still have around a 400 pound weight difference., I rarely see one where the driver is getting on it....Just wondering how much horsepower it would take to show one of these our taillights....I'm really hoping that with the mods in my sig I may be able to eat one at the track.....Granted it's harder for me than you pi guys, although this is not your average npi :)....any thoughts as to what you have personally saw them dyno or quarter miles runs? thanks

If you are installing a pi intake and that cam in your sig than you are pretty much a pi + a little extra. If your s/c runs @ 10psi you shouldn't have trouble (assuming you are a good driver) pulling away from a stock SS. Those SS's can become very fast with just a couple mods so if they have a cam or a couple bolt-on's than the drag race is going to swing towards the camaro.

That's true with every car though. The fact that a car that can seat 4, can be bought for 30 grand and can run mid 11's w/ bolt on's is very impressive.

I like looking at list like that :D
I want to find me a modded 2010+ to run as I have killed a few at the track (one black one w black rims had a minimum of a cam)

It looks like all of those guys on that list have longtubes, must be picking up some good power with it

The new 5.0 IMO with the same bolt ons as a camaro, mustang wins everytime. MMFF had an issue pretty much dedicated to the new 5.0 a mth or so ago and most of the jus had bolt-ons, and I havent sen any camaros putting dwn numbers like that. Most of them where in the lowe 13s, but some dipped into 12s, 11s, 10s, and a couple of 9s, but as you know your not gonna get a 9, or 10 second car from bolt ons. BTW they were all on slicks or drag radials.

no idea about times, but i got walked all over by one with the dealer plates still on it... :shrug:

i had him until third, but almost doesn't count

btw im all stock

I know what you mean, my buddy in his 95 GT kept up with one until third I saw it happen with my own eyes! To say I was a little suprised, guess the weight is a big factor for the camaro...

american-express-blue-cash.jpg