What does this mean???

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
As stated in my previous posts I have aquired a '98 gt that some idiot tried tofix but screwed up on. I started by reassembling the steering column that they disassembled, then I replaced the electronic ignition switch, and also had the starter checked out to see if that was the problem. NOW on to what I have found and what does it mean and how do I reset it....... When ever I try to start the car, all I hear is a small click like a silinoid switch trying to engage, and I see the theft light start blinking kinda quickly. Whatr does that mean and how do I fix it? Please I ned to get this car running as I have had it since memorial day and have yet to hear it run!!!!!! I need to hear the slight rumble of a v 8 t osee that my effortsarent entirely useless.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the anti-theft or PATS system. It is not recognizing your key. Do you have new keys? If so they will have to be programed. If it is the original keys did you get the transciever hooked back up? It is a ring with that goes around the lock cylinder with a small module attached to it with a connector that has 4 wires DG/P, DB/O, R/Y, and BK/O wires. This picks up the signal from the computer chip in your key and sends it to the PATS module.
If it has to be reprogramed you will need a scan tool that can perform security access and 2 keys to program.