What does this warning light mean?

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
Ok so now that I have my '98 out and running this strange new warning light pops up until I gas on the car. It loks like a water bottle but it has a fan in it. I was thinking the fluid level was low but that aint it unless the sensor is going bad. I dont have a owners manual and my haynes book doesnt have it in there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah its your coolant sensor, I'm quite sure it floats like a boey in the overflow tank. When the system is not properly maintained at times, it either get stuck or malfunction. Replace it if the fluid is at the normal height on the tank.

-Nate

i also have a 98 and once in a while i get the same light and also when i give a little gas it goes out. this has been going on for about 2-3 years, i have tried to pull a code but nothing ever shows. i just figure that it is some sort of glitch &
just live w/it. maybe someone knows what causes this and it will help both of us fix this. good luck.

Good!!!! Glad to know that it isn't anything major. My fluid level stays where it is supposed to and as for the maintaining of the system I haven't the foggiest as to wether or not the previous owner id anything to it.

Thanks again guys,
Nate