What Drivetrain Parts Will I Need?

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
So the supercharger is being built and should ship out soon. Hoping to be high fives to mid 600s to the ground. Will 800 HP axles be strong enough to launch with drag radials on a well prepped track or will I need the 1400 HP axles? I would love to save the 400 bucks. The wife would like that too. Does anyone want to place bets on how long my clutch lasts???? LOL
I'm also curious as to which is going to be stronger stock driveshaft or stock halfshafts? So if I could only replace one of these components which would you replace first?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Replace the clutch first in my opinion. I've seen quite a few guys make 10 second passes on stock drive shaft/ half shafts. If I had to choose 1 I would lean on the axles and yes the 800hp axles should be more than fine. The only reason I went to the 1400hp axle off the jump was that I know I have the tendency to get carried away and I only want to buy them once lol. Understand that the more I've changed in the suspension and drive line the less "stock" the car drives. I was driving to work this morning thinking about how different the car rides now compared to stock. Not that it's a bad thing but it sure isn't as plush of a ride as it once was.

I'm assuming they were launching softly? I just watched 3 15s break 2 of which were on street tires. My mind was blown. The 3rd guy was supercharged not sure the mods. I wasn't able to track down the other two to see what part actually broke. Maybe I should hang out at the track some more and wait for my cars to break lol

Sure, launching at 6000 rpms on sticky tires is never going to work out well on stock parts. 2500 or 3000 rpms and slipping the clutch you will have no issues with breaking parts (other than the stock clutch) Keep in mind that wheel hop, if you have that problem is the devil and will destroyed anything and everything that it can rattle
q

I went suspension/drivetrain first... next is SC. I have the RXT clutch, DSS 800hp half shafts, Dynotech 800hp one piece aluminum drive shaft, 19x10 rims with Nitto 305's NT05R's, Steeda sub-frame connectors and sub-frame bushing supports. Steeda transmission support bushing, Full-tilt-boogie racing shifter bracket and Boomba short throw shifterr As I was typing this I'm going HOLY S@*T, i guess i know where my $$$ have gone...lol.
Did all this for several reasons...NA im putting down 405/373.... I had wheel hop and missed third a lot under hard acceleration. Figured I better do something before I started putting down 600+ . Did all this...no more missed shifts, no more wheel hop. I have my driving technique down and now ready for boost!!

That sounds like a nice build! I went that route with my fox body. I've been dying for a supercharger so I'm boosting first and hoping for the best!!!