what exhaust set up in an 04 cobra

V8stang2001

Aug 26, 2002
Chandler AZ
hey guys I just traded in my 01 GT and got a new 04 Cobra it is an awsome car, but the exhaust is very quiet. So my question to you guys is whats a good set up on these cars as far as a mid pipe and a catback. I saw a packaged deal for a bassani catted X with a borla stinger catback for 999.99 at the rpmoutlet.com Do you guys think thats a good deal, and if so how do you think that would sound.

• Sponsors (?)

V8stang2001 said:
hey guys I just traded in my 01 GT and got a new 04 Cobra it is an awsome car, but the exhaust is very quiet. So my question to you guys is whats a good set up on these cars as far as a mid pipe and a catback. I saw a packaged deal for a bassani catted X with a borla stinger catback for 999.99 at the rpmoutlet.com Do you guys think thats a good deal, and if so how do you think that would sound.

You'll get lots of different answers to this, because everyone has different tastes.
I personally love the stingers, with the stock H pipe. I do not like the exotic sound of the X's

peace

I would say just get a catback first, because it is amazing how loud the cobra's get with a catpipe and catback. Don't get me wrong I love that, but most people would not believe the difference.

My friend has the Stingers with an MRT Hpipe and WOW it sounds incredible!

I have that exact exhaust on my 03 Cobra (minus the cats now). I ran it both ways, loved the sound with the cats, wanted it a bit louder so i took them off. The car truly screams now with out the cats.