What exhaust sounds the best with stock mid pipe?

WallyKilla

Sep 28, 2009
What do you guys recommend. I am keeping my mid pipe stock for awhile and want the nicest throaty sound I can get with my stock mid pipe? I was thinking SLP loud mouth? Flowmasters dont sound that good with stock mid pipe. well my opinion anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

im welding in mac flow paths tomorrow ill let u know how it sounds.. i couldnt find any clips w/o a aftermarket pipe...

The fact that you like SLP and dont really care for Flowmaster leads me to believe that you'd be happier with a straight-through muffler (magnaflow, SLP, etc) than a chambered muffler (Flowmaster, MAC, etc)

I dont think loudmouth 1's sound bad at all as long as you have a catted mid-pipe (O/R midpipes with SLP sounds horrible IMO). Have you considered some loudmouth 2's? I say get a pair of SLP's. They're not very expensive.

Yea, I think I will go with the SLP 2. I think they sound good with stock mid pipe. With an off road h or x it sounds kind of like a truck in a way. This is going to be my daily so i want to keep the cats.

The fact that you like SLP and dont really care for Flowmaster leads me to believe that you'd be happier with a straight-through muffler (magnaflow, SLP, etc) than a chambered muffler (Flowmaster, MAC, etc)

I dont think loudmouth 1's sound bad at all as long as you have a catted mid-pipe (O/R midpipes with SLP sounds horrible IMO). Have you considered some loudmouth 2's? I say get a pair of SLP's. They're not very expensive.

x2

i personally like the loudmouth I's on a stock catted mid pipe. IMO, they are just too loud and blatty with a o/r mid pipe. i like the loudmouth II's as well, probably a little better than the I's. i even like those with a o/r mid pipe.

i bought my 00 GT with well worn flowmaster weld-ins, stock mid pipe. it wasnt all that loud. it sounded ok but considering the muffler, it sounded a little too tame for my taste. swapped out for a o/r X pipe and now its VERY loud.

Youtube is a awesome place to get some ideas. what sounds good to me, sounds like crap to others.

Again, this is a very opinionated question to ask. Check out Mustangexhaust.com or some youtube clips to find out what you like. That's unless you like choosing an exhaust based off what other people like

I really don't like anything with a stock mid pipe. It's too muffled. I had flows on a 95 GT with a stock mid pipe and when you were on the gas a little bit to accelerate like 2-5 MPH you could tell, but when you stomp on it to got up 20-50 MPH you couldn't even tell, it sounded stock.

LOL that sucks.

I had Flowpaths welded-in while I still had the stock mid-pipe. You won't be disappointed :nice:

thank you finally somone had that setup lol...ive been looking everywhere for clips to hear it.. im waiting until etown swap meet to find a mid pipe cheap since im on a budget