What has my cobra been swapped with

Jeffé

Oct 29, 2020
California
I own a 98 cobra but it’s been swapped with a different engine. Wiring is all **** up and can’t proceed until I find the proper wiring diagram from whatever has been swapped into it. It was intended for drag and has few stock parts. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 6DBBA4CB-8240-42BE-8C9E-80C234B60F86.png
    6DBBA4CB-8240-42BE-8C9E-80C234B60F86.png
    3 MB · Views: 137
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi,
IMHO, Swapping an aluminum Tekskid block the Cobra’s ran from 96’-99’ capable of near 1,000HP is insane to say the least, unless damaged beyond description .
The 4.6l blocks were square, stroke and bore were the same, the 5.4’s had 4.165” in. stroke & 4.6’s at 3.75”in. stroke. If you think that may be the case, locate BDC & pull a plug, insert a thin wooden dowel you marked it with the 4.6l’l stroke & the 5.4l’s stroke, yoiull see what the stroke iswhen you hit TDC whether 4.6 or 5.4.
Windsor Heads used (14) valves cover bolts, the Romeo used (11) bolts.
Providing a Romeo block was used with Romeo parts, many are interchangeable.
This may help...
It appears like a stock block minus the valve covers and the intake manifold difference, to name a couple..
Your best option is to decipher it is by the numbers stamped/cast onto the block.
Are you 100% it’s not a Cobra clone? Only mentioning it as many are manipulative as they’re worth more...
Best!
John

What makes you think it's swapped? Other than cosmetics, it does look like the correct engine that should be in there. Of course would need more pics to determine that, but the valve covers and intake are correct

Regarding my previous post, Intake correct, stock TB twin 57mm butterfly T.Body replaced by a mono blade.. Accufab..:shrug:
OE covers ran ID stickers, many removed & texture sprayed. The covers raised Oil filler style boss appears to be 03’-04’ Termi’ covers, 96’-98’s fillers were near flat.
96’-98’s DIS covers will fit 03’s, 04’s & vise versa with spacers, grommets.
32V Lincoln motors ran PCV’s towards rear, Cobra’s up front.
Irelevant as mod. motor parts fit across many years. For accurate ID post nomenclature on the block & as MustangSL5 mentioned above, more pic’s.
Is the block iron or aluminum?