What have you hauled in your hatch?

• Sponsors (?)

Usually just the t-tops. :D

The oddest I've ever seen though, was a mountain bike in the back of a MINT modded 87+ GT... The weirdest part was that he was AT the trails, which involves driving off road. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, but if I had to guess, it was just the result of bad planning on his part, because I never saw that car at the trails again.

Funny thing is, I used to haul my bike on my coupe... Now that I have a hatch, it will either go in the back, or I will find a way to mount my rack to it..
image.jpg

Funny thing is, I used to haul my bike on my coupe... Now that I have a hatch, it will either go in the back, or I will find a way to mount my rack to it..
image.jpg

I have entertained the thought of putting a roof rack on the '86. Problem is, I'd have to park it in a close parking lot then ride to the trails, cuz no way in hell am I driving the car off road haha. Plus mud dripping off the bike onto the car... not cool!

ive had a machinist's tool box, christmas tree, and two stupid lighted reigndeer in the back of my old lx..........friends and family sale at the sears i was working at time. the gt carried all its new front end parts to the body shop after i wrecked it (hood, fenders, lights, moldings, front bumper cover, etc, in one trip)

My mountain bike was in the back this year between a car show and cruise I had a couple of hours to kill. There was a bike path only about a 1/2 mile from the car show.
It was a paved path, so no worry about mud!
Scott

When I had a Fox back in the 90's, I had anything that would fit. Engine parts, transmissions, exhaust systems. You name it, it found its way back there. When I got rid of it, the carpet still looked brand new. I'm not sure how I didn't destroy it with some of the things I'd put in the hatch, but I guess throwing down a moving blanket was enough to keep grease and oil at bay.