What header gaskets to get with TrickFlow heads/Mac Longtubes? Also,header gasket ???

I searched a little and people recomended FelPro part number FPP-1415 which I found on summit, but I figured since my exhaust ports/primarys are larger then stock, I might need a different gasket. What do you all run? Also, I saw people were using a high temp copper sealer on both sides of the gasket to help prevent leaks, recomended or no?

• Sponsors (?)

I bet the 1415's would work just fine.

I used them about three years ago and they still are going a fine job.

I used no sealer or anything like that with the gaskets.

I did use some stainless steel lock washers to keep the bolts in place.

Grady

Are these ports(1415) Wider then they are high? This is what it says on Summit:

Port Height (in): 1.250
Port Width (in): 1.480

Mine now are 1.5 in High, and 1.0 wide, and I put the gaskets I have now up against the head, and it looks like
the gasket port can be a little wider then 1.0. So if those dimensions on Summit are flipped, they might be perfect.

I also found these by Percy's:

Summit Part Number :pHP-68014 Which are 1.650x1.250. Is that too big? Here is the description listed :

Replace your blown out paper or graphite gaskets with Percy's XX Carbon!
Percy's High Performance offers these XX Carbon exhaust header gaskets made of Percy's proprietary 100 percent carbon material. These gaskets can withstand long term direct exposure to over 2000 degrees F. They offer superior sealing ability on the worst flange surfaces and are perfect for nitrous, turbo, and blower motors. XX Carbon exhaust header gaskets are available for every popular application and can also be custom cut or easily port matched.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Are these ports(1415) Wider then they are high? This is what it says on Summit:

Port Height (in): 1.250
Port Width (in): 1.480

Mine now are 1.5 in High, and 1.0 wide, and I put the gaskets I have now up against the head, and it looks like
the gasket port can be a little wider then 1.0. So if those dimensions on Summit are flipped, they might be perfect.

Why not go to FelPro's site :shrug:

Grady

BlueOvalStangGT said:
BUMP! Come on people! My car is up on jackstands in the school parking lot, and I dont even have gaskets on order yet!

Keven

I went to Summit & Jegs to take a look.

Both show a size of 1.25 & 1.48

Summit shows 1.25 H & 1.48 W
however
If you look at the pic, the largest distance is H, NOT W.

Looks to me like the correct port size is 1.25 W & 1.48 H :shrug:

Grady