What i need-98 V6 stang v.s. 00 Integra GSR

• Sponsors (?)

What you need to do is get the 4.2 crankshaft out of an f150 and put that in your 3.8, its the same block just different crank, then get some stronger rods and 8.1 compression pistons and then turbo that mess and you should be pushing about 350 horses, while your at it you should get the heads, intake manifolds, throttlebody, and maf from a 99+ and you should be pushing 400+ horsepower, and the best thing is you can get most of those parts from an auto salvage, well except for the rods pistons and turbo setup of course. Also get 3.73 or 4.10 gears and an auburn possi and your traction shouldnt be a problem.

sorry...thats not where I got that from, not from riced and rediculous.....just a common slang term for us up around here....lemme correct myself......

just build the V6, and PASS, BEAT, WIN, etc...him!

my god. that movie is going to make me commit suicide....the end of normal cars as we know it....I have the knight on my F150 now with his sword ha ha ha....riced graphics every ricer has them now.

I was just reading this thread. Nitrous and gears and lose someweight will beat him and prob the cheapest route. That would be a killer v6 sleeper. Pretty cool if you ask me and leave all the stock badges on!

don't forget some m/t dr's so you can spray it right out of the hole. no p*ssy 35 shot either. if it were my car I would spray that b*tch 75 and thats just a starting point for me

you're gonna mushroom stamp him to the 1/8 mile and the spray should be enough for you to hold him off on the big end

FunkMasterFlex said:
i highly HIGHLY do not recommend buying a v6 so that you can do a v8 swap. search a little on this site to figure out if you really want to go through with it, youll probably find that its a lot more of a headache than just going with a v8 in the first place. buy the v6 if u want a v6 and buy the v8 if u want a v8.

on another note i do recommend the 8.8 rear. on average our 7.5s(even with tlok) will likely crumble around 300tq. thats not saying it will happen but its pushing it, all you need is the right launch and bye bye mr 7.5. might die at 400tq, might die at 250, but u can always wait and see if it dies and then go for the 8.8 down the road. i also recommend looking into beefing up your tranny with g-force components or something from www.astroperformance.com , might have to call em up im not sure if the site is 100% done yet.
the 7.5 will not crumble.

the 7.5 setup properly is the equal of a similar setup 8.8

the ford T-lok is really the only weak sport in the 7.5. the spyders are small and have little support. they blow out causing the rest of the rear to be wrecked. any rear that blows it's spyders will be wrecked too

the Auburn LSD eliminates the 7.5's weak spot and will handle just about anything the 3.8 will throw at it.

find 1 person that has blown a 7.5 with the auburn. you won't

another reason the 7.5 has a bad rap is people doing cheap cut the corner gear installs without an install kit and proper break-in. again no rear will hold up long with the same type of treatment

my 7.5 is holding just fine on my procharged 98. the T-lok is getting changed for an auburn soon just to ensure it won't let me down

as for beating an acura

here is my vote
4.2 stroker kit from www.rpm-mustangs.com with ross forged pistons and eagle rods, rpm cam in the 215/220 range 1.8 adj rockers and high lift springs and a 150 shot of giggles. along with 4.10's and auburn LSD stuffed into 7.5.

that should be enough to hit low 13's in the 98 3.8 add ported heads and intakes and it would be in the 12's easily

It's not a Type R, it's just a GSR, he should be lucky to break out of the 15's

Engines: GS-R: 1.8 I4 170 bhp @ 7600 rpm, 128 lb-ft @ 6200 rpm. Type-R: 195 bhp @ 8000 rpm, 130 lb-ft @ 7500 rpm.
Performance: GS-R: 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.7 seconds. Type-R: 0-60 in 6.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.8 seconds @ 96.3 mph.