Engine What Ignition Coils Are You Guys Running?

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
I think I know the answer to this already. We have a 2004 GT. We’ve replaced the cops multiple times using cheaper “cops” I know Ford are probably the best but they are about $400 for eight of em. I’ll buy them if I have to but I want your guys opinion before I drop that kind of cash. Please give me your feedback guys. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is Just a stock engine, how long do OEM coils usually last?
In a properly running engine the Ford OEM coils should last several 100 thousands miles. Likely the life of the car.

I added some information in your other thread. I think you should consider that there's something that is "causing" the short service life of your coils.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/p0356-code.900464/

Have you checked RockAuto.com?

Also I have purchased re-packaged "bulk" Ford COP's from Amazon sellers at a good discount.

I have screaming demon coil packs but mine are not coil on plug (98gt). Normally the stock coil packs make more power but mine is one of the only freaks that made more power (per the dyno) with these vs stock packs. Usually its not worth your time to pay for the upgrade (mine came on the car when I bought it).

I may have a stock set of 2011 cp from the crown vic donor my motor came from. Had 36k on them. I'll see if I can find them and get you a part number to cross reference. I am sure they are still the same thing since Ford didn't change the motor much at all from 04-11 when they stopped the crown vic production. I'll make you a deal on them if interested. They don't do me any good.