What is a fair asking price for my car?

Trick Pony

Apr 3, 2006
Hello all. Sad day for me...i have to sell my car to pay hospital bills from an emergency room visit with no insurance.

My car is a 95 Gt convertible, laser red with a black top 63000 miles. The paint is awesome, it was done locally and has 8 coats of clear on it. The top is brand new sailcloth, and the interior is out of a 04 cobra and is perfect. a/c works and all the speekers are kenwood with a kenwood head unit. I just had monroe reflex shocks, struts, and dampeners put on. Everything works. I put the interior in, in 05 and the car has only been driven 1500 miles since.. It has a brand new T5 in it and i just had the rear axel rebuilt and a 3.73 put in. It has a cobra intake, brand new Vortech blower professionally installed, msd ignition, BBK shortys, off road H pipe, msd box, smog pump eliminator...plus all the other little bolt on stuff we do. I should mention the engine package all looks clean and new. I baby this car so much, it is honestly NEW looking inside and out with no dents dings scratches or creases in the leather. Oh yea, it has new 275/40 r17s on polished aluminum cobra r rims.

It is going to kill me to sell it, but i have no choice. I plan on listing localy i guess, but i dont know what i can get for this car. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd ask for $9500 but be willing to settle for $8000. Mustangs don't hold value well at all up in the North East. If you have the paperwork documenting the professional install of the blower then you might be able to get more. If I were looking at a stang and it had a blower I'd be scared.

Adam

Try talking to the hospital about a reduction in the amount and/or a payment plan. Most medical facilities are pretty good about working with you in my experience.

+1, I got a $500 ambulance ride paid for and $5000 in financial aid from the first hospital that sent me to a second hospital for my emergency surgery. Just have to ask. Sounds like you have a nice ride, try your best to keep it! :nice: As for your question, I too support Adam's numbers. Id start at $10K though.

+1, I got a $500 ambulance ride paid for and $5000 in financial aid from the first hospital that sent me to a second hospital for my emergency surgery. Just have to ask. Sounds like you have a nice ride, try your best to keep it! :nice: As for your question, I too support Adam's numbers. Id start at $10K though.

+1 to his +1

Thanks guys,
Im trying to work out another way to get these bills taken care of, but ive not had any luck what so ever! I was thinking that i would take 8k for the car because thats what i need! I guess i can start at 10k OBO. Where do you think the best plast to list is...ebay motors?

i'd start with a couple classifieds first. here, corral.net, sn95forums.com, allfordmustangs.com, hardcore50.com. as a last resort i'd do ebay, but that's just me

I searched for my car on Autotrader.com, but I know it costs money to post it there. I would start with free classifieds also. Your hospital bill is only $8K? Dont sell the stang, you have to be able to at least work a managable payment plan with them! Mine totalled $46,500 after a follow up with a bowel obstruction.... You can get through it man, youre car sounds way too nice to get rid of!