What is better? LOUD or QUIET supercharger?

• Sponsors (?)

It has nothing to do w/ ego its has to do w/ paying that kind of money for something and no one ever knowing it is there.

No one needs to know it's there. All they need to know is they just got their doors blown off. When people ask what I have done to my car, I say it's just a stock 5.0L.

Its the same as repainting your car some badd ass custom color and driving stright home from the paint shop, putting it in the garage and closing the door on it for the whole summer.

No, it's not. You buy an expensive paint job to be seen. You buy a supercharger to go fast.

I'm kind of torn between loud and quiet...I love hearing the blower whine though.

Some people think I have just flows on my car until I race them or they hear it at idle. I'm stickerless:D Stock appearance...

Joes95GT said:
They'll know it's there when they see it going down the track...

Joe

Yeah and................................................... :shrug:

Whats that matter then? Guess thats b/c no one ever would have thought to look under the hood while it was up w/ the motor cooling down in the staging lanes. Sleeper or not everyone knows what you have at the track.

As far as the street I'll use the example of the WRX owner who said my car sounded cool w/ the supercharger on it. Now if he had come up and asked what was done to it and I said it had a S/C and he was like ..... oh I dident know I couldent even hear it... Yeah nice way to throw down $3 ,000 +

GreenMustangGt said:
wow. Thanks for the info guys. What was i thinking? If im gonna spend the money, i should hear the damn thing right? my car now is loud as hell, so why not add to it with some whine? thanks guys!

I thought you were doing your own turbo?

I guess I really don't understand the whole "sleeper" mentality. Why have a fast car if everyone thinks it is just a regular stock car? Not that I like the over the top ricer "look at me!" mods, but I'm not going to go out of my way to cover up my mods and tell people it is stock.

Why have a fast car if everyone thinks it is just a regular stock car?

Because I don't care what other people think about my car. I like going fast. I don't care if someone else thinks my car is "cool" or not.

Actually, I think it's funny when I beat an LT1 Camaro or 99+ GT and tell them it's a stock 5.0....so I guess I do kind of care.

Striped5.0 said:
Yeah and................................................... :shrug:

As far as the street I'll use the example of the WRX owner who said my car sounded cool w/ the supercharger on it. Now if he had come up and asked what was done to it and I said it had a S/C and he was like ..... oh I dident know I couldent even hear it... Yeah nice way to throw down $3 ,000 +
BFD...He couldn't hear it. It'll still smoke him, loud or not.

Since you're comparing money - I measure performance in horsepower per dollar, not horsepower per decibel.

Joe

Ask yourself this: "Do I want my Mustang to sound like a Mustang or a Hoover plugged into 220 volts?" If you say the former, go quiet. If the latter, get your head examined!