What Is My Setup Worth?

hel_rasr

May 10, 2014
Ok so my 83 overheated the other day and I blew a head gasket. So now its in the garage with the motor out and stripped down to the bare block. Its about to get a fresh set of bearings and piston rings as well as all of the gaskets. For the next five months or so ill have a little extra cash so I've decided to not only freshen this motor up but also get a little more power out of it. My ultimate goal is to keep it streatable and reliable and I would like for it to be quick enough to run a 12 sec qaurter or atleast beat or keep up with a 2014 GT in the qaurter. It has some performance parts on it and I'm going to do some more. This will be my setup once all is said and done....
The block is a roller block from an 86 t-bird but the bottom end appears to be from an 87 mustang (aluminum flat top pistons with four valve reliefs) correct me if I'm wrong. Also...
Edelbrock 650 cfm Carb
Edelbrock performer intake
Gt40p heads
Ford racing 1.7 roller rockers (cobra style)
E303 cam
Ford racing valve springs to match the cam
Jegs house brand long tube headers
2500 stall converter
C4 trans with PA street/strip valve body
Hurst qaurter stick shifter
4.10 rearend
Also the a/c is deleted and I'm running a electric fan instead of the mechanical one.

Will this setup get me the results I'm looking for? Thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

Probably be a close race. Although in a street race, i'd put my money on the 14.

Me personally i wouldn't bother with a full rebuild if those are all the parts you are going to use.
I'd buy an explorer engine, swap in a cam/springs, your accessories and carb and be done with it.
It's like a 2 day project (less if you are good at it), not 5 months probably cost 1/3 of a rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user