What Is Needed To Use A Larger Bell Housing And A 157 Tooth Flexplate

Discussion in '1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech' started by skippermccoy, Apr 1, 2014.

  1. Well my starter worked for a few weeks and then started to do the same thing again. It has busted up my new flexplate and broke an ear off the starter. I have a C4 from an older mustang that has the bell house, Torque convertor and 157 tooth flexplate. What is needed to use this on a MII. Hopefully just a big hammer. LOL
  2. I *think* it will squeeze in without too much modification, but I could be wrong. If it doesn't, I would think all it would need is a little "BFH massaging"....

    Here is a link to an old thread of a member who installed an AOD behind a Windsor in his II. Some of it won't matter for a C4 swap, but should give you a general idea of what to look for. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/aod-installed.784590/