What is the best bang for your buck shifter.

• Sponsors (?)

I got the UPR Blue thunder and my buddy has a Steeda Tri-ax that put in for him same day i put mine in, put them side by side and honestly didnt see a difference...Also i have heard from many reputable mustang guys that UPR just copies other people's design's and sells them cheaper under a different name. O and my UPR shifts the same as his Tri-ax..IMO UPR works good for $130!!

Jugador said:
relative to the master cylinder where is it and what is it a knob or something?
It's almost right in line with the steering column, about a foot away from the MC. Right by the pinchweld on the firewall. Looks like this, if it's been done:
432856_123.gif

wow...i feel funny from looking upside down under the steering wheel on my back without taking the seat out

if the stock quadrant is white plastic on the inside, i still have a stocker :(

i see that white thing with the cord coming out on the firewall, but nothing is behind it so im guessing its stock.

The shift lever is different. The UPR is just flat stock, but the Steeda is angled left an inch which is half of how good they feel. UPR makes an offset wedge for theirs to do the same thing, but it's like 12bucks and is just one more part to add to the shifter. I bought it for my wife's since she's got the UPR lever on her PowerTower.

When it comes to a shifter its not somthing Ill go cheap on, did it once and ill never do it again. Its somthing that you use ALL the time, its worth being comftorbale. Every 5speed car I have gets a shifter. My personal fave is the pro 5.0 the tri ax is good too though

blue66tang said:
I am going to be buying a t5 shifter soon, and was wonduring what is the best for drag racing. I need someting that wont let me miss 3rd gear. Thanks.

A buddy of mine has an 03 Cobra with a Tri-ax two months old in it, and I just put one in my 87 GT- they are AWESOME. You can shift from second to third by just pushing it forward with your palm! The preloads do all the work for you- I've missed third before using my stock "soup spoon in a bowl of jello" shifter, never again. Have you checked the price on PartShopper? $161.95 is cheaper than Steeda sells it- I know, I bought mine from Steeda! :damnit:

stangbear427 said:
The shift lever is different. The UPR is just flat stock, but the Steeda is angled left an inch which is half of how good they feel. UPR makes an offset wedge for theirs to do the same thing, but it's like 12bucks and is just one more part to add to the shifter. I bought it for my wife's since she's got the UPR lever on her PowerTower.

So the upr and the steeda are the same, just the levers are diverent. I will be using the lever in my 66 so i wont need a lever. If they are the same i will just get the upr.

Woah! No, nonononononono. I didn't say they were the same shifter; I said the levers were different. That's all I know- I know absolutely nothing about the Blue Thunder shifter. It may or may not be the same as the Steeda. I do know that UPR are a bunch of pirates, and they have been known to copy Steeda's designs (the 4.6 timing adjuster, for example) but I won't make any claims besides that. Someone else said they were the same, and I just opened my big mouth and pointed out the one thing that I knew wasn't.