What is the best brand gas or fuel?

What is the best brand of gas or fuel?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I hate Hess, just cause, so Im kinda partial to Exxon as they are usually pretty cheap and dont have to be gay and pre pay just because you dont have a credit card...big thumbs down to hess on that one.

Racetrac is the best. They have the cleanest fuels. They keep up with how much water and everything is in their tanks plus they are very prompt with maintainence like the filters and such. on average, they sell10,000 gallons a day so their always having to refill. the fuel never stays in the tanks long and the longer fuel stays in those tanks the more condensation will develope diluting your fuel.

01LaserRedCobra said:
At least you get 93 Octane, the highest we have in the Northwest is 92 Octane.

We have a Sonoco up in northern baltimore that sells 100.... 101??? octane :D

but with my tune i cant have anything below 93... it gets expensive for a daily driver, $30+ to fill up the tank every week :notnice:

01LaserRedCobra said:
At least you get 93 Octane, the highest we have in the Northwest is 92 Octane.

On the west coast most we can get is 91 octane; thats not the worst Ive seen though: In northern Texas I found a place that sold 90 Octane.

I tend to use Chevron most of the time. I also use Mobil once in a while.

sn_95Stallion said:
Racetrac is the best. They have the cleanest fuels. They keep up with how much water and everything is in their tanks plus they are very prompt with maintainence like the filters and such. on average, they sell10,000 gallons a day so their always having to refill. the fuel never stays in the tanks long and the longer fuel stays in those tanks the more condensation will develope diluting your fuel.

This is not true. It is not good to fill up at a gas station soon after their underground tanks are filled. The filling process stirs up any debris from the bottom of the tanks. Filters or not some of this crap gets into your tank. In my 30 plus years of driving I have been told this many times. Good theory but incorrect.

I also like QT, I know one brand that I will never buy is Shell. I used to run all the time in my Dodge pickup, but never in my Mustang since I put the blower on it. The car acts funny sometimes when I tried Shell. You guys are lucky having 93 (even 92). Here in Columbia you can only get 91 and some only have 89. You have to know which ones have 91 or they are useless (being twice screwed and all).

cronin49 said:
This is not true. It is not good to fill up at a gas station soon after their underground tanks are filled. The filling process stirs up any debris from the bottom of the tanks. Filters or not some of this crap gets into your tank. In my 30 plus years of driving I have been told this many times. Good theory but incorrect.

I heard the same thing at a driving school.