What is the best way to clean terbines?

What is the best way to clean terbines when they are this dirty?
809563_12_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Grease Lightening would proboly work pretty good on it. You should be able to buy some at the grocery store. It's actually used to clean stuff like the stove in the kitchen, but I've used it to take off 4 year old break dust off of my mom's rims and it works. Just let it sit for a while and scrub with a toothbrush.

I had the same problem when i had turbines. Buy some Eagle one wheel cleaner or similar (spray bottle), before you wash the car, spray the wheels, let them soak for a few minutes, wash them off (high pressure, if possible) and shazam, clean wheels. Buy the spray with hcl in it and your wheels will be beautiful. No scrubing involved......the hcl would eat your hands to the bone. I used this method for years.

Go to a detail shop and tell them you want them to clean these with some wheel acid. The stuff I use you dont even have to scrub the wheels. You just cant use it on aftermarket wheels, but factory is just fine.

detailman94 said:
Go to a detail shop and tell them you want them to clean these with some wheel acid. The stuff I use you dont even have to scrub the wheels. You just cant use it on aftermarket wheels, but factory is just fine.

Yeah, wheel acid works great. Use it at work all the time. It can restore even the dirtiest wheels with a little bit of effort into it. The only rim we can't use it on though is a polished aluminum. You can pick some up locally I believe. It may be called wheel AND grille, but does the same thing.