what is the name of this part and where to buy it?

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
93 5.0 lx . this is a black tube that runs to the back of the upper intake manifold. There is a red one that plugs into the port next to it. The black one that i broke seems to go to the egr system. It is a small fragile (obviously) black air tube. Not a hose, its a small tube. I have know clue what its called and where to get a replacement. You cant buy this at the hardware store. It has adaptive ends. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you're talkin about a small plastic vac line, you can get bulk plastic hard-line at some parts stores. Normally when I break one, I replace it with rubber line or use rubber line to splice the broken plastic pieces. It isnt pretty but it works.

Good luck.

Thats what I just did on mine. There was a red line and a green line. I replaced both with 5/32 vacuum hose from Carquest Auto Parts. Its like <$4 for 6 foot. The original plastic tubing has ends, but with the vacuum hose, it just pushes on the egr or the tree.

I broke mine, but it was long enough that I could cut off the afflicted area and still use it. anyway any car store should carry something similar enough that you can use. take the old one in for a reference.