WHat is the weight of a 4.6L DOHC motor?

• Sponsors (?)

tontot77 said:
my block was like... 220 without the heads... my heads are aluminium, did that change in 99?
All of the Modular heads are Aluminum. Your block was cast iron I take it because I could pick up my shortblock with no problems. Mine was aluminum of course.

tontot77 said:
my block is aluminium... hmmm maybe that was the frieght box included...
Mine didnt feel no 200 pounds when I picked it up and put it into the back of a Bronco. Then again, the shop owner was surprised I just grabbed the sucker and tossed it around after he said he will get the fork lift.

mogs01gt said:
Mine didnt feel no 200 pounds when I picked it up and put it into the back of a Bronco. Then again, the shop owner was surprised I just grabbed the sucker and tossed it around after he said he will get the fork lift.

now now safety first:D

mogs01gt said:

mind over matter... if you nkew how much it weighed, you wouldn't of been able to pick it up... I wish there was a Ford site that just gave us the lowdown on all the parts weight.

Mustang5L5 said:
Funny dressed...specifically an '99 or '01 model engine?

How would it compare to the weight of a dressed stock 302 (w/iron heads)

WHich motor would be lighter?
I would guess the 5.0 motor because the DOHC heads are heavy as F and the block has a steel crank, either way the 5.0 has better placment of weight over the DOHC for balance

Well then a 302 with AL heads and tubular GT-40 intake might be lighter and have a lower center of gravity so it might be better suited for a lighter better balanced car.

But a 4V fox is just badass!
original.aspx

tontot77 said:
mind over matter... if you nkew how much it weighed, you wouldn't of been able to pick it up... I wish there was a Ford site that just gave us the lowdown on all the parts weight.
Still no way it weighed over 200. I did the same thing with the stock 2v shortblock. NOW that son of a bitch weighed over 200 easily. I about dropped a nut after lugging that bitch around.