What kind of driveshaft/U-joints above 600 hp?

GI Joe 97/02 said:
Hey I hear you got that Hot Rod Cobra of yours super tuned?

Yeah, after the catback, Tim changed the timing for me and it dynoed with a good bit more power even with a lower A/F in 30 degree weather. My catback actually gave me gains close to what the manufacturer states (with the right tune, thanks Tim).

-Jason

Numbers were 431rwhp/456rwtq STD, now... (see sig)

• Sponsors (?)

wjfawb0 said:
Yeah, after the catback, Tim changed the timing for me and it dynoed with a good bit more power even with a lower A/F in 30 degree weather. My catback actually gave me gains close to what the manufacturer states (with the right tune, thanks Tim).

-Jason

Numbers were 431rwhp/456rwtq STD, now... (see sig)

"Dat boy csho can tuna cah"

wjfawb0 said:
Hey, if you're not breaking something every other time at the track, you aren't making enough power, Dave. :D

-Jason

speaking of breakiing stuff....here's a run when Tim and you came to visit last time.....I had those 3 burned cylinders...makes you wonder what she would have done running on all 8. we learned alot that day... You can also see that by the last run we had the burnout figured out and the suspension dialed in very close.....It should have run 10.99-11.2 that day...."next time Gadget"..............

GI Joe

http://www.scothew.com/gijoe/GIJoe.wmv

GI Joe 97/02 said:
speaking of breakiing stuff....here's a run when Tim and you came to visit last time.....I had those 3 burned cylinders...makes you wonder what she would have done running on all 8. we learned alot that day... You can also see that by the last run we had the burnout figured out and the suspension dialed in very close.....It should have run 10.99-11.2 that day...."next time Gadget"..............

GI Joe

http://www.scothew.com/gijoe/GIJoe.wmv
Very impressive Dave. :nice: I wonder if I could post it somewhere else?:D

SmithAtlanta said:
:) Did you get that KB car going today and Andy's turd running?

To keep on topic, that kb'd car had a nicely balanced driveshaft. :)

I was at Tim's today and heard the KB car running; it sounds really different form our blowers. Andy said it sound like two cats fighting. :rlaugh:

Jeff's Bolt said:
" You Guy's "
Don't Ya see the road your on. ( Pro Mod) It starts out to be a street
car than BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Jeff
No way man. Street car all the way for me (trying to keep from raising the bs flag). Jimmy V refers to it as the slippery slope........once you start slidin' you just can't hardly stop!:D

MUSTNAG 03 said:
I was at Tim's today and heard the KB car running; it sounds really different form our blowers. Andy said it sound like two cats fighting. :rlaugh:

The setup looked great under the hood. Very clean and sharp, but to me it sounded flat out annoying. Andy put it best..... "sounds like a cat in heat".
I like the whistle of the Vortech, ProCharger, and Novi, instead of the flat out whine of the KB. Again, nice setup..... just not for me.

I talked to Jeff about the sound and he thought that the small pulley they had on there contributed to the sound. I've heard some 5.0 liter KB's and they didn't sound quite that loud. It did look like a very clean setup. I like the fact that you can access the tensioner w/o alot of effort...

SmithAtlanta said:
I talked to Jeff about the sound and he thought that the small pulley they had on there contributed to the sound. I've heard some 5.0 liter KB's and they didn't sound quite that loud. It did look like a very clean setup. I like the fact that you can access the tensioner w/o alot of effort...

I agree. I actually mentioned that to Tim as well, about the custom 8-rib setup making it even louder than normal. Folks.... it's loud.

Sounds like an old 68 camoro with a BIG 871 blower on it...:)

I like it..Would be annoying on a long trip,but damn its gonna turn some heads.I wish the owner would let me make it "cam",but he wants a smooth idle so 950rpm it is..Camming and that growl,holly chit would it be wicked.I like the setup,but give a a BIG F2m any day....:)

Tim