what kind of power is the cobra motor capable of??

what i mean is how limited am i with the 94 cobra (gt-40) heads and intake. i'm thinking of doing a cam swap and freshening up the motor but budget is a huge factor right now. i currently have no tune other than stock and i'm still running the stock mass air sensor and 24 lb injectors and fuel rails. the cam i have already (scored it for free) is a lunati with 500 intake and 510 exhaust with a 112 lobe sep. will there be clearance issues with 1.7 rockers and stock pistons?? i'm also running a 125 dry shot and my short term goal is mid to low 12s if possible. thoughts, advice??

• Sponsors (?)

it all depends on how much money u wanna spend. You can make some awesome numbers with a supercharger on a stock cobra. Throw a cam in there and u'll be making even more (naturally). If you're good with a dremel then u can even do ur own porting and polishing to further increase ur numbers.

but, since u say that money is a factor then, if focusing on engine only, you might wanna think about the porting and polishing thing I was talking about in the previous paragraph. You say u already have a cam...and the cobra intake is a fairly good piece. So you already have the C/I part of H/C/I. If I'm not mistaken the cobra heads are alright...but I would consider sinking some money in the heads. Get some nice aluminum AFRs :)

But like I said, read up on porting and polishing. You can do it for free if you have a dremel already and if frees up a bit of HP

it all depends on how much money u wanna spend. You can make some awesome numbers with a supercharger on a stock cobra. Throw a cam in there and u'll be making even more (naturally). If you're good with a dremel then u can even do ur own porting and polishing to further increase ur numbers.

but, since u say that money is a factor then, if focusing on engine only, you might wanna think about the porting and polishing thing I was talking about in the previous paragraph. You say u already have a cam...and the cobra intake is a fairly good piece. So you already have the C/I part of H/C/I. If I'm not mistaken the cobra heads are alright...but I would consider sinking some money in the heads. Get some nice aluminum AFRs :)

But like I said, read up on porting and polishing. You can do it for free if you have a dremel already and if frees up a bit of HP

i'm planing the tranny going south in with my budget, how much is a computer tune worth with just bolt ons, i have all of them btw, only thing not touched is the motor. would the anderson PMS be a good investment, goals later in life would include a 347 with a procharger, but 12s is my goal for now.

Zero Signal said:
There was that one dude who made 500rwhp with just a turbo a couple years ago.

i looked into a turbo from hp performance but the 4500 dollar price tag before a good tune with the 130K mile drivetrain to me just spells disaster. i'm trying to be cheap mild but quick. not looking to rev past 6K, asking too much maybe??

:OT: i actually met the guy from HP performance that tuned that TT Ford GT, he was at the track with someone in a vorteched stang.