What kind of times to expect with a Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Top-End Engine Kit?

oxemoron

Jul 12, 2003
I was wondering what kind of times i could expect on my 94 GT with a Twisted Wedge Top-End Engine Kit. It will provide a guranteed 350hp and 370ft lb/torque. With this setup along with long tube headers, x pipe, cat back, and 3.73 gears, What should i expect. Also i'm ordering a Tweecer R/T to get everything tuned perfectly

• Sponsors (?)

I went 12.8 @ 107 with that set up before it was offered as a kit. I dyno'ed 304hp/339tq with a cool down. That was with shorty headers and a 65mm tb and the cam installed dot to dot on stock eec. Do a 75mm tb, put the cam in on a 108* centerline, do the longtubes and tune with your tweecer and you'll run better.

guaranteed 350hp?where did you get that info?on there site it says it made that on a 306,but it never guaranteed anything that i saw.anyways you want to make good power get the heads ported and the lower,then i think the 350 might be realistic.but i highly doubt it unported.

94opalgt said:
guaranteed 350hp?where did you get that info?on there site it says it made that on a 306,but it never guaranteed anything that i saw.anyways you want to make good power get the heads ported and the lower,then i think the 350 might be realistic.but i highly doubt it unported.

That is to the flywheel, which is around 300hp at the wheels.

94opalgt said:

A 306 isn't gonna make but maybe a few hp more than a 302. :shrug: Plus, everybody I've ever seen or talked to that has this kit made at least 300rwhp, which is right at 350fwhp like mackey said.

Well althought I have a 347 I have TW Heads, Stage One Cam, Intake 1.7 Rockers and some other stuff but im puttin at the last time the car was dynoed 310rwhp and 380rwtq

But im changing form 1.7s to 1.6s and going to stage two cam. And im looking into maybe new heads.. Id like to be as close to or at 400rwhp without a power adder
Although im looking into finishing my turbo setup

sonicblue87lx said:
Well althought I have a 347 I have TW Heads, Stage One Cam, Intake 1.7 Rockers and some other stuff but im puttin at the last time the car was dynoed 310rwhp and 380rwtq

But im changing form 1.7s to 1.6s and going to stage two cam. And im looking into maybe new heads.. Id like to be as close to or at 400rwhp without a power adder
Although im looking into finishing my turbo setup

Get yourself a custom grind cam, upgrade the tfs valve springs, get rid of the tfs street heat intake and get a holley, rpm II, tfs r or a victor 5.0 and you'll run harder! What do you have for exhaust? I run the TW heads on my 347 and unported they are a bit small, but it should still put up good numbers. I'd like to see 375+ to the wheels if I ever dyno it. I'm already thinking about upgrading the h/c/i to victor jr heads, victor 5.0 intake and a hitech motorsports custom grind :D

Grn92LX said:
Get yourself a custom grind cam, upgrade the tfs valve springs, get rid of the tfs street heat intake and get a holley, rpm II, tfs r or a victor 5.0 and you'll run harder! What do you have for exhaust? I run the TW heads on my 347 and unported they are a bit small, but it should still put up good numbers. I'd like to see 375+ to the wheels if I ever dyno it. I'm already thinking about upgrading the h/c/i to victor jr heads, victor 5.0 intake and a hitech motorsports custom grind :D

I was looking in to the same heads this afternoon it was putting better flow chart numbers down when i was compairing. Alright thanks for your info..
Im running Long Tubes To off road H To Flows 2.5" exhaust.
The car hasnt been dynoed in a while so the number could be off and it does need a tune but im not going to spend that kinda money and have everyrhing changed. So im just kinda looking around seeing my options on where i want to go.. But like i said i want to be as close to or at 400 to the wheels