what kind of wax?

40thAnv.GT

Aug 13, 2004
Michigan
so i was wondering what kind of wax you guys use on your car? i use Mothers and love it but is there anything better out there i have a dark shadowy gray mustang. aslo post some pics please.

• Sponsors (?)

ZAINO!!!!!!!

Oh, and use the search button.

Attachments

• 286394_28_full.jpg
    286394_28_full.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 257
MEGUIARS NXT GENERATION TECH WAX :nice: it is great stuff!!!!! best i have used. :nice: got it a target for around $15.00 brings out a nice deep color in the paint. try it, you wont be sorry. good luck :D

i will probley get flamed for saying this but NXT is the best stuff i have used. I dunno but i like it the best. There is somethign about ordering wax off the internet and paying 100 bucks for it that just does not feel right for me. I have tried zaino it is nice but for that price i dunno

MY Cobra said:
i will probley get flamed for saying this but NXT is the best stuff i have used. I dunno but i like it the best. There is somethign about ordering wax off the internet and paying 100 bucks for it that just does not feel right for me. I have tried zaino it is nice but for that price i dunno
i hear ya!!!!!!!! the nxt is just as good in my opinion. saving 85.00 is nice as well. my car looks great!!!!!! :banana: zaino smaino :D

You need:

A bottle of Dawn dish soap.

Meguiars #7 Glaze

Meguiars #26 Carnauba Wax

Bucket, applicator pads, finishing towels.

First, strip the car's paint of any wax, etc. with the Dawn dish soap and water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.

Second, follow the instructions on the #7 glaze and apply.

Third, apply #26 over the glaze and prepare yourself for an unbelievable shine.

All of these waxes are great waxes/polishes. You cant go wrong with any of these that people suggested, i just happen to use zaino because i ordered a bunch of the stuff back in the "stangnet zaino craze" about a couple of years ago. :D but i dont think i'll use anything else on my car...

40thAnv.GT said:
so i was wondering what kind of wax you guys use on your car? i use Mothers and love it but is there anything better out there i have a dark shadowy gray mustang. aslo post some pics please.
I use the Mothers products to and to be honest, they are the best I have used. I say stick with them if you are getting good results. Might try claybaring your car if you haven't yet.

40thAnv.GT said:
what do u guys think of mothers i love the stuff?
As I said above, its the best so far that I've used. Thats saying something because I've used Meguiars professional products as well as multiple 3m Products. For a black car and for the price, you can't beat the Mothers products. Their 3 step system is pretty good and so is their claybar.

I recommend the following:

1. Wash the car with dawn soap. If after washing there is still soap residue, just wash with water.

2. Claybar the car. The mothers kit is good but then again, there's also a good one offered by Clay Magic that is easier to get ahold of.

3. Use Mothers step 1 - Prewax cleaner. This will help remove any old contaminats the dawn dishliquid and claybar may miss. It will also help to remove spots and scratches as well. You can use multiple coats of this if you wish, just don't use it after adding any other polish or wax to the paint as it will remove them.

4. Mothers step 2 - Sealer Glaze. This is a polish and a glaze. It will help to enrich the color of the paint and will hide swirls and scratches with its polishing oils. You can use multiple steps of this as well. You can also use it after you apply the wax if you wish as its designed to penetrate wax.

5. Mothers Carnuba wax. This is a pure Carnuba wax and will seal the work you've done and protect the car. If you want extra protection, you can do double coats of this for best results. You can also use it as often as you'de like. I'de do it once every 3-4 weeks for best results.

NOTE: Be sure not to wash a car with dish liquid or any other harsh detergent cleaner after you've put polish or wax on a car as it will only strip it and break the polish and wax down.

If you have any questions, just let me know.