What kinda backwoods place is this, how come we only get a 1 car garage?

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
Might as well call it "My Carport" instead of "My Garage". :D Heck, most new homes get a 3 or 4 car garage now, but you'll notice that at least 2 of them are full of junk. Just wondering why we only get 1 car to input on.

Larry

• Sponsors (?)

After my divorce, I went from a 3.5 car agrage to a one car!

I'm building my cobra in there, while sharing with my motorcycle, kids bikes, garbage cans, shelves, etc... It's all I have, so I'm making the best of it! :banana:

Cobrask8ingarage500.jpg

Attachments

• Cobrask8ingarage500.jpg
    Cobrask8ingarage500.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 109
I have three cars and two motorcycles, a snow blower and a lawn mower all competing for space in a small two car garage. I don't have a driveway either.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 142
Gee, I don't feel so bad now. After my divorce, I also went to a one car garage and a space outside in a two bedroom condo. The garage space shares time with 3 vehicles. I was even thinking of getting a 16 foot kayak, which might just fit.

What's a Garage???????

I think I've seen some of those garage thingies..... Sorta looks like a normal carport, except it's all enclosed with a rollup door, right? :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, though; we've got a single (short, narrow) car carport with a not-much-longer driveway behind it, and a small slab beside the driveway. Before 1/2's accident, we were trying to fit Belle the Rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck, Li'l Red (son of Rice-Eating Chebbie) the S10, Mrs. StDr's Ram Quad-Cab (Rocky), and Whoa, Dammit (NoKitten's Bronco) in that space. We could (barely) fit one of the "big trucks" and either the S10 (R.I.P.) or the Bronco in the carport & driveway, one of the other vehicles on the slab, and the last one, well, :shrug: Good thing we are lousey about our landscaping; 'cause the Ram (too new to leave little "puddles" on the ground) ended up parked in the front yard! Because of our varying schedules, we still end up playing "three truck shuffle" a lot of times; and the Ram pretty much still lives on the front yard!

Oh yeah, the "fifth car"! :D NK's Cougar (Cleo) was living in a rental space next to his storage locker at a secured facility; but she's moved out to the local junior college while NK rebuilds the Cleveland (Engine Class) and FMX (Powertrain Lab) and wiring (Automotive Electric) this semester. He's nursing the Bronco's drivetrain along in the hopes that it lasts until the Cougar is done. But when that happens; we'll have to find a spot for the Cougar, which is a '73 and about 6-8" longer than the average Moose-Stang - almost as long as Belle (Extended Cab shortbed) :bang:
I guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and pour some more concrete in the front yard!

Still Dreamin'

bnickel said:
i beleive 1320 was referring to the SN feature "my garage" right under everyone's user name :D

DING! DING! DING! Give that man a Ceegar!!!!

My dream deal was to build a 40x60 shop that was insulated and put a 40x30 apartment in one end on a acreage outside of town, then collect materials to build a house. Not lumber and such, that's stuff is cheap when it comes to building a house, I mean the interior finish stuff. I used to work at a major lumber yard and people would special order stuff, then wouldn't like it or it was made to the wrong size and we'd have to eat it. Stuff would be half of what the plain old stuff inside the store was. Custom jetted tubs, fancy Kohler fixtures, custom wood windows, custom light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc.
That and the labor is where a big part of the cost of a house is.

And after my wife's dream house was built, I'd have my 40x60 insulated shop, with a 3/4 bath, and 40x30 of it would be heated and cooled. :D :nice: :banana: