What kinda HP should this Bullitt put down?

THE B1G AL

Nov 5, 2010
So basically a friend of mine has a S/C Cobalt SS with a few simple bolt ons. His neighbor has an 01 Bullitt. I know most everything the bullitt has but not 100% sure on every little bolt on. so one minute the bullitt guy wants to race, then when they see each other out the guy in the bullitt chickens out. Dont know why. He would probably wax the Cobalt. The dude that owns the Stang isnt the one who built it. He bought it from the guy who built it. It's been done right though.

Bullitt has Air intake, Headers, Borla Catback, coil packs, mild streetable cams ( not sure cam specs ) and a tune. Maybe a Throttle Body and Underdrive but not sure. So about what kind of rwhp should the Bullitt have? Maybe 290 - 300?

• Sponsors (?)

So basically a friend of mine has a S/C Cobalt SS with a few simple bolt ons. His neighbor has an 01 Bullitt. I know most everything the bullitt has but not 100% sure on every little bolt on. so one minute the bullitt guy wants to race, then when they see each other out the guy in the bullitt chickens out. Dont know why. He would probably wax the Cobalt. The dude that owns the Stang isnt the one who built it. He bought it from the guy who built it. It's been done right though.

Bullitt has Air intake, Headers, Borla Catback, coil packs, mild streetable cams ( not sure cam specs ) and a tune. Maybe a Throttle Body and Underdrive but not sure. So about what kind of rwhp should the Bullitt have? Maybe 290 - 300?

I'm sure your neighbor didn't chicken out, rather he probably knows that street racing is ghey and would rather :track:.

i'd say thats pretty close. i might broaden it a little say 275-295 depending on what cams and what tune.

if you have any influence with these guys, suggest they :track:

Dude in the mustang wont take it to the track because he's not confident in his ability to get the car to hook. He'd be embarrassed to tell everyone his time. I'm all against street racing too but the road were talking about is a 4 lane with a turning lane in the middle. Its a huge straight road that goes about 2 miles past the town. Population in the town is only about 1000. You can see down the 4 lane for about 3 miles. Tiny little country town. Not like a city street or anything. Thats good for you guys not to endorse street racing though.

i'd say thats pretty close. i might broaden it a little say 275-295 depending on what cams and what tune.

if you have any influence with these guys, suggest they :track:

+1, we really don't know much else. I'd be willing to guess that your neighbor could easily have over 300 RWHP depending on the cams he has. With those other supporting mods (headers, exhaust, etc...). I'd probably up the estimate some from what fiveoho said though given the mods listed I'd expect 285 - 315 RWHP.

What is the curb weight on the Mustang? Around 3500 i'm guessing but not sure

With 1 driver it's probably very close to your 3500 figure. IIRC new edge GT's were around 3200-3300 lbs w/o fluids or a battery, so add in the fluids, battery and driver and you get somewhere around 3500.

I have a good friend with a Bullitt with almost those exact mods. He has: JLT CAI, stock Bullitt TB and intake, Steeda UDPs, Hitech stage IIs (VERY streetable), long tubes, offroad Prochamber, 3 chamber Flows, and 4:10s. He made 305 rwhp.

If the Bullitt had any amount of traction at all, it wouldn't be a race. Bolt on S/Ced Cobalts go high 13s, low 14s at about 105. My friend went 12.5 @ 111 last weekend. No contest.

And to reiterate, make sure your friends keep it off the street.

Cobalt won. They ran from about 40 - 110. Cobalt had roughly 2.5 car lengths on him. Driver of the Cobalt was better at shifting but still 2.5 lengths. Starting to wonder if an air intake, downpipe, and magnaflow catback is the only thing the Cobalt has.Even if the Bullitt would have had the driver mod the Cobalt would have probably still edged him out. The Bullitt driver said something about the cams being the 289's? not sure how aggressive those cams are but none the less the Cobalt was definitely the faster of the 2.

I'm guessing the bullitt driver either downshifted to 3rd or started in 3rd instead of going down to 2nd..prolly left the tc on as well...oh and IBTL

Are you absolutely sure the Bullitt has cams.....is the owner even sure?

It almost borders on comical that the Cobalt had 2.5 cars on the GT.

Stock supercharged Cobalts put down around 170-180rwhp bone stock. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the SS and say that his 3 mods put him up around 200rwhp (unrealistic but I'll give it to him). Now we're comparing a 3000lb. 200rwhp car to a 3500lb. (high-side) 300rwhp car.......it just doesn't make any sense.

BTW, since when is a "downpipe" a mod for a supercharged car? Are you sure the SS was the S/C SS or was it the turbo SS? A turbo SS would make a lot more sense.