What Parts Does It Take?

GH1086

May 10, 2005
I may be getting a Mustang very soon (2002 GT, 5 Speed), what parts would it take to hang with a stock LS1? I would want to stay totally N/A, no nitrous or anything like that. The reason I ask is that my other car choice was an LS1, but I just like the looks of the Mustang over an F-Body, but I love the power of an LS1.

• Sponsors (?)

GH1086 said:
I may be getting a Mustang very soon (2002 GT, 5 Speed), what parts would it take to hang with a stock LS1? I would want to stay totally N/A, no nitrous or anything like that. The reason I ask is that my other car choice was an LS1, but I just like the looks of the Mustang over an F-Body, but I love the power of an LS1.
First the cheap things.A high flow air filter,remove the air silencer and screen,a complete high flow exhaust,underdrive pulleys,gears,and a 75mm throttle body and plenum setup.Now for the not so cheap things,cams and a port and polish job,and to finish everyting up a dyno tune.There will be other things like tires and suspension work but you get the general idea.You should get somewhere around 325-350 rwhp with all these add ons,and about $4500 poorer.But much richer in spirit,and that IS the most important thing. :D