What psi for nitto drag radials

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteTrashGT said:
i daily mine on 20psi, and the first set last me about 8 months. I dont do a lot of burnouts though.
Thats too low for daily driving. Put them at 30-35 and you will see more life. Put them at 20 for the track.

And im looking into getting soem 17's to throw those M/T's on. :)

millhouse said:
If you run them any higher than 25 your tread will prematurely wear in the center section of the tire. Keep them between 20-25 for daily driving and lower em down to 15-20 for track duty.

I agree. If you try 30+, be prepared to have no center after a short while.

And as far as hooking, it doesn't matter, b/c they don't hook good at any psi in my opinion.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Get ready for bent axles. I ran NITTO drags on my stock ponies up until I launched it from a stop light against a honda and bent the passenger axle FUBAR.

Unless you have an aftermarket diff and axles.

Drag radials are not good for daily driving. Period.

Adam

millhouse said:
If you run them any higher than 25 your tread will prematurely wear in the center section of the tire. Keep them between 20-25 for daily driving and lower em down to 15-20 for track duty.

I also agree. Do NOT run these things in the 30lb range, if you do you will have a no center section left and plenty of outside tread.

Black95GTS said:
Get ready for bent axles. I ran NITTO drags on my stock ponies up until I launched it from a stop light against a honda and bent the passenger axle FUBAR.

Unless you have an aftermarket diff and axles.

Drag radials are not good for daily driving. Period.

Adam

It sounds like you had some wheel hop...as bent axles are not the norm. I don't think I've ever heard of any ever even snapping an axle using nitto's...they just don't hook up as well as other drag radials. I myself am finished with my 3rd set with no issues. I've had several hundred dragstrip runs....again with no axle issues.

millhouse said:
It sounds like you had some wheel hop...as bent axles are not the norm. I don't think I've ever heard of any ever even snapping an axle using nitto's...they just don't hook up as well as other drag radials. I myself am finished with my 3rd set with no issues. I've had several hundred dragstrip runs....again with no axle issues.

I don't know man... I just ran them at 25 psi and they hooked like a bastard. My axle got bent, didn't snap it.

Just throwing it out there, real life experience and something the poster should be thinking about. Its possible I was the exception... but I don't think stock axles and diffs are designed to take that kind of stress.