What Rear Seats Will Fit A Fox? S197, Newedge?

• Sponsors (?)

SN95 seats will fit in, but it's not a direct bolt in. Some customization needs to be done and the seat bottom never really fits right. It's pretty easy in the hatch as you simply recover the hatch seat frames with the newer cloth/foam, but in a coupe you need the entire frame for the seat backs to install.

To do the seat bottom correctly requires cutting out the floorpan from an SN95 and welding it in, or making your own support frame. The SN95 floor is shaped differently.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...ats-04-cobra-in-a-fox-coupe-many-pics.767102/

I have a 99-04 rear seat in my hatch. The hatch seat backs work excellent but the seat bottom doesn't sit right. It looks great but not really usable unless I address the seat bottom issue. If you sit in the back seat, you can slide around as it's pretty much just sitting on the floor.

IMG_4628.JPG

You can see in this photo how the edge of the sn95 seat just hangs in the breeze. You can even see the orange seat foam here. There's no support really, so that seat cushion is really for show. If that's all you want, then no issue at all and some extra carpeting here will cover it all up.
IMG_4654.JPG

Since i want a useable back seat for the kiddos, I was going to contact @TMIproducts about covering a fox seat cushion to match the sn95 seat backs, but I ended up buying their entire Cobra seat conversion F&R so I'll be going back to fox seats.

Corbeau even sells a rear seat cover that might interest you.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/corbeau-rear-seat-upholstery-1979-1993/p/FB26501CP-V/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interesting, yeah I've really been wanting to make the interior nicer. Already have an idea for the center console. I have corbeau front seats. Think they're the sport ones, little bigger and more on the comfortable side. Still have the hideous red lx rear seat. Just trying to find something black and preferably leather for the back.

I'd probably just do the black vinyl corbeau setup. Most Sn95 rear seats are vinyl anyway (the above seat in my pics is vinyl) but if you want true leather, look at TMI products and recover your rear seat

Reactions: 1 user