Fox What replacement window channel molding do you guys use on an early Fox?

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
I bought a Daniel Carpenter Mustang E9ZZ-6121507 window channel weatherstrip kit from LMR, but it definitely doesn't match the original..

One edge of the original weatherstrip has a substantial "lip", and the new stuff doesn't. Without the stiff "lip" to stop it, the new weatherstrip pushes up unevenly into the door channel, leaving gaps between the top of the window and the weatherstrip.

With a later model Fox it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but my '87 doesn't have an adjustable window stop, so you can't just crank the window up higher to seal it.

For anyone with an early Fox, what part did you use?

• Sponsors(?)

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
Here's a comparison of the factory original and the crappy Daniel Carpenter part.
New vs OEM molding.jpg

91TwighlightGT

15 Year Member
Sep 8, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
I don't really recall it being a huge issue on my 93, I used the LMR stuff and it seemed to work okay. Of course, my original came out in chunks so I didn't have a lot to compare it too :)

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I just did this a few weeks ago. The original rubber had turned to hard plastic. It came out in 100's of pieces, so I can't tell if it looks like yours. Use a paint stick to push it into the channel. I agree, it doesn't seem to push up in all the way. The small gap above the window tinting shows about 1/4 inch. Over time, I think it will seat deeper. I don't think any of the Fox's had adjustable window stops.

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
Yeah, well, my originals were absolutely perfect except for that one spot in the top corner where they all split, and I'm really regretting touching them now.

HemiRick

Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
I used the LMR ones on my 89, and they seem to be working fine..been in about a year..like others my originals were petrified and came out in many pieces !

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Disregard that post you are talking about the window rubber, not the door seal.
I did replace mine years ago and it fit fine just don't remember where I got them.

Exrace89GT

Mar 29, 2019
Lompoc, CA
I’m trying to install the LMR run channel rubbers on my 89. GT. What a pain in the ass. I watched their video a bunch of times. The new ones sure don’t fit like the ones in the video.

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
I couldn't tell from the video whether the ones they were using had the correct "lip" like the originals. The ones they sent me, which they claim are the only ones on the market today, don't. That's the problem.

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I’m trying to install the LMR run channel rubbers on my 89. GT. What a pain in the ass. I watched their video a bunch of times. The new ones sure don’t fit like the ones in the video.
They make it look easy so you won't get discouraged & not buy them. I think the one they removed was a new one.