What Rims Would You Get?

2007_Crown_Vic

Aug 19, 2016
Hi guys,

For this car, what rims do you think would look best? I was leaning towards these:
https://lmr.com/item/WTK-1007EKS/Mustang-SVE-Anniversary-Wheel-Tire-Flat-Black-79-93-Sumitomo

I am having a hard time deciding between black or chrome. I think it is the two tone that is making it harder than it needs to be because there isn't many pictures to compare, especially with the blue and silver. If it was a silver car, it would be black rims no question about it, but I just wonder if chrome might look really good with this color combo. Also, being a 4 lug car it limits the options a bit. What do you guys think? What are you running on yours? I just figured I would ask in case someone has some rims I haven't come across that really look good.

Thanks!
IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1621.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I vote original style. Polished lip, anthracite center.

Personally not a fan of black wheels. The popularity and common use of spray paint/plastidip to get the look tends to make it look cheap to me.

Reactions: 2 users

Personally not a fan of black wheels. The popularity and common use of spray paint/plastidip to get the look tends to make it look cheap to me.
Well I'm cheap, not to be confused with inexpensive, just plain old fashioned cheap.
:spot: squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak

I never got the black wheel trend, which started with the fast and furious crowd just removing the hubcaps on their honda civics. I actually love the look of clean turbines on the two tone GTs, probably in the minority on that. @2007_Crown_Vic , if you get the anniversary wheels silver would look much better imo.

Great tips and opinions guys, thanks. I will look up some of the suggestions here and see what happens. It is a tough decision but I am sure it will look good with what ever direction I end up going, well to me anyway. I know not everyone likes black rims but I like both as long as they were intended to be black and not cheaply painted like mentioned above.

As TOOLOW91 suggested I looked at the Anthracite deep dish bullits, and do really like those, but I can only find them in 5 lug. Does anyone know if these come in 4 lug?

Those anthracite 10th anniversary wheels would look killer on your car IMO. Unfortunately the bullits are only 5 lug. In my area bullits are fairly common and cheap on craigslist. Bullits will fit on the el cheapo Lincoln rotor/ranger axle 5 lug swap. Maybe cheaper than buying whole new set of wheels and tires

I was/am still playing around with the 5-lug conversion idea. I won't actually be getting the rims for a while yet so there is time. Although, now that karthief has made their tempting suggestion, I may not have any money left for any of this, lol.

The other reason I was trying to avoid the 5 lug conversion is because that will end up costing me much more - If I was going to do that, I will want to change to disc brakes, and if I am doing that much with the diff opened up, I will want to change to the 3.55 gears I want, and while the car is up in the air I will want to change the shocks, quad shock and springs.... I have a huge list going of things I want to do but right now isn't the time. I realize I will lose a bit of money buying what might end up being temporary rims but I can sell them to get some of the money back and then go do all those others things when time and money permit it. It seems like with these cares having so many aftermarket upgrades it could really get out of hand with one thing leading to another, to another, lol.

Plus on top of that, my girlfriend wants either an old muscle car or Corvette so I have to leave room in the budget for that too, apparently I can't be the only one having fun with a nice car, lol.

Reactions: 1 user