what should be my Next mod??

Mustanggt108

Sep 23, 2005
Sorry for the frequent question.I just want to get people's opinion on this.
My mods so far are:
CAI
3.73 gears
U/D pulleys
Steeda shifter
70mm TB+Plenum
o/r H pipe is on the way along with Xcal2.

so what should i get next , other the LT headers ,Nos and FI (want to stay N/A) ??

• Sponsors (?)

Jackie Chan said:
what are your plans?
my plans are: since i'm getting the 07 GT500 , i will keep this car N/A.
I'm looking for atleast 280-300rwhp. I dont want to mess with heads.i am planing on getting the VT stage 1 cams though.But other then that what should i do.i need more opinions.
I feel that so far , the ONLY mod that was actually worth anything , was the gears

It's gonna be tough hitting 300 rwhp without LT's and heads.
Without those two, I would say your best bet is cams. Maybe get some suspension stuff to get that power to the ground. Like mentioned above you coud get DR's, if you hit the track. You could also get subframe connectors, lower it via springs/shocks, maybe some LCA's.
I know you said no heads or LT's but those are good mods to help with your 300 hp goal.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]It's gonna be tough hitting 300 rwhp without LT's and heads.
Without those two, I would say your best bet is cams. Maybe get some suspension stuff to get that power to the ground. Like mentioned above you coud get DR's, if you hit the track. You could also get subframe connectors, lower it via springs/shocks, maybe some LCA's.
I know you said no heads or LT's but those are good mods to help with your 300 hp goal.[/QUOTE]
i do want to get heads along with cams.Its just that tuning is a big issue here.I did mention before that i'm located in the gulf area:flag: .and tuning here really blows.Let me put it in different words.It doesnt exist:nonono:
so mail order tunes are my best shot.And messing with heads and cams and tuning them with E-mail tunes...i dont know ...just the thought scares me:(
LT's i can probably do sometime in a further step.so this is why its a big issue for me when it comes to adding parts to the car.I want to be 100% sure it is safe

jasonh_86 said:
You may wanna get a catback just to free it up a little more or if you wanna get traction you can get some DR's, get your 60ft times down some
i know , i really do wanna get a catback.All i got now is weld-ins , just like you.i'm ordering the o/r h pipe now , and i will leave the catback for a later step

Mustanggt108 said:
Sorry for the frequent question.I just want to get people's opinion on this.
My mods so far are:
CAI
3.73 gears
U/D pulleys
Steeda shifter
70mm TB+Plenum
o/r H pipe is on the way along with Xcal2.

so what should i get next , other the LT headers ,Nos and FI (want to stay N/A) ??

Honestly, I would say it's probably time for some basic suspension upgrades. No sense in building more power, and not being able to plant it.

Sub-frame connectors(weld in kind)
Upper control arms
Lower control arms

It's probably best if you drive this car on the street, and still intend on racing it at the track to get some adjustable upper control arms so you can adjust your pinion angle. Worry about other suspension stuff, like springs, shocks, and struts once you get more power. If you want more power, headers will give you a bit more, but other than that, you really don't have many more bolt-ons to add for power. You would have to either do internal motor work, or add a power adder, like nitrous or a supercharger.

Dark Knight GT said:
Honestly, I would say it's probably time for some basic suspension upgrades. No sense in building more power, and not being able to plant it.

Sub-frame connectors(weld in kind)
Upper control arms
Lower control arms

It's probably best if you drive this car on the street, and still intend on racing it at the track to get some adjustable upper control arms so you can adjust your pinion angle. Worry about other suspension stuff, like springs, shocks, and struts once you get more power. If you want more power, headers will give you a bit more, but other than that, you really don't have many more bolt-ons to add for power. You would have to either do internal motor work, or add a power adder, like nitrous or a supercharger.

suspension work might be good at this stage.I agree :)
The car will probably never see the track.And will probably never be launched at high RPM's.just street racing. So what suspension work should i do in my case

Mustanggt108 said:
suspension work might be good at this stage.I agree :)
The car will probably never see the track.And will probably never be launched at high RPM's.just street racing. So what suspension work should i do in my case
Well, street racing/road racing is one setup, and drag racing is another. You must remember that street racing suspension will help you in turns and corners, but will not do much for traction off launch. I would say look into getting a set of solid lower control arms, like the ones from Maximum motorsports. As for upper control arms, there is a kit that features a single solid piece for both upper control arms that is great for racing, but I'm not sure how much that costs or where to get it. In terms of sub-frame connectors, I would go full-length weld in type. Accept nothing less.

If you're really dead set on street racing, some road race shocks/struts and coil overs would probably work best, but I would be more concerned about control arms and sub-frame connectors at this point.

Mustanggt108 said:
nope.Just straight line private racing. no turns.So will i still need suspension work for straight line races withought hard launches??
if yes..what besides SFC's?
without losing total driveability, running the stock suspension is good enough, you can switch out for drag springs, but dont choose any UCA's for dragging cause you'll feel the rear feel like is going apart.