What should i do?

• Sponsors (?)

i want to eventually make it a mid-11's street car.

If this is your true intention, then you might want to get a long-term game plan going before you start throwing small-gain mods into it. While gears and a good intake may be worthwhile mods, if you want to run mid-11s on a 2V then you'll need a blower...and, depending on how much boost you run, you'll probably want forged internals...

So my point is, why not save the cash and buy yourself a built block that can handle whatever you throw at it before you spend every penny trying to squeeze out every last hp from your current set-up? :shrug:

If I had it to do over again, I would have left my car stock until I could have afforded a forged 4V - much better starting point if you want to bust into the 11s...:flag:

If you want a mid 11 street car that is affordable, your first order of business is to sell the 97 and buy a 99+.

On a serious note, you'll first want to pull your engine and forge the rods/pistons. While you are at it, change out the heads for some PI heads and get (can't remember what pistons lower the compression ratio...dished? Whatever it is, get those) so you offset the CR spike that the PI swap gives you. After that is done, get some VT stage 1 or 2 cams, PI intake w/ aluminum crossover (if you do a centrifugal supercharger otherwise skip the PI intake and buy a Kenne Bell).
Then buy all the supporting mods (fuel, suspension, etc) and you'll have an 11 second street car.

Estimated cost: $10,000 minimum? Depending on who does the labor it could be less if you do everything yourself
Blower: $3000 minimum for Centrifugal, $3600 minimum for Twin Screw plus you'd probably want an intercooler
Internals: $1500
Cams: $500
Tuning: $500