what should my next mod be.

romgolferman

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2001
St. Louis
im not going to do a power adder of any sort right now so i was wondering what else i could do to get some more power that wont cost a fortune.

i was thinking aluminum driveshaft
do coil packs or anything like that add much
all mods are in my sig.

• Sponsors (?)

romgolferman said:
im not going to do a power adder of any sort right now so i was wondering what else i could do to get some more power that wont cost a fortune.

i was thinking aluminum driveshaft
do coil packs or anything like that add much
all mods are in my sig.

you have coil on plug ignition, and the stock coils are more than enough juice for what your car needs. I'm fairly certain the only aftermarket offering for ignition coils is Granatelli, and his products suck b@lls. The aluminum driveshaft wouldn't be a bad mod for the money. Longtubes would net you some good gains, but they are kind of pricey as you would need a new X pipe to mate with them. I agree about the LCAs though, they will help plant your tires better, which would help cut time of you 60'

Long tubes and get a shorty X used from the classifieds section then sell your X there.
Maybe Cams. Stage 1 VT's not too bad for 20+hp.
I'm not sure what type of computer chip you have but the Predator or Xcal have more functions. Maybe sell the chip and buy the programmer.
LCA's and Subframes are good.
One of my fav mods is the little raptor shift light. People are always like, "What's that for?" So I say, next stop light I'll show you. ha ha

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Long tubes and get a shorty X used from the classifieds section then sell your X there.
Maybe Cams. Stage 1 VT's not too bad for 20+hp.
I'm not sure what type of computer chip you have but the Predator or Xcal have more functions. Maybe sell the chip and buy the programmer.
LCA's and Subframes are good.
[/QUOTE]

^ what he said

SFC's, Lca's are really good ideas but won't make more power.
Al DS, while it is nice and the engine seems to spin up a tad faster I only really notice it at low speeds and it made 0 difference in my et's.
ud's? some see good gains some don't
Finish the exhaust. Lt's or shorties. Odds are you can sell your current midpipe if you go Lt's.
Cams, although 4-600 for them plus the other things needed ie tune, possible springs depending on the size of cam you go with etc. Pushes the price up rapidly.
raptor is great is fun and I know it made my et's better and more repeatable.
electric WP? some see good gains
weight reduction. while it doesn't increase power it does improve power to weight ratio which is like increasing the hp.