What size is the stock 94-95 TB??

• Sponsors (?)

viperos said:
I've been told by many mechanics that the TB is 58 on our mustangs, but when measured, mine is closer to 63... so, whatever... either they are wrong, and/or I'm measuring it wrong...

Which side of the TB did you measure on - the front entrance side or the rear intake side? Find any difference? Bet you did!

Oh, actually the '93 cobras did. I thought the 95's did as well...oops.

Factory Mods
All '93 Cobras came with a modified 5.0L High Output engine. The Cobra motor was fitted better flowing GT40 iron cylinder heads, 1.7:1 roller rockers, a unique Cobra upper manifold and GT40 lower manifold. The better flowing intake tract was supported with a larger 65mm throttle body and mass air meter calibrated for 24lb/hr fuel injectors. A special camshaft was designed for the Cobra motor. All told the Cobra 5.0L motor was rated at 235 HP/280 ft.lb. Torque, 30 more horsepower than the standard Mustang 5.0L engine that year.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/09/93cobra/index.shtml

viperos said:
well, I always have been taught to measure on the front, just in front of the throttle plate... on the inside of course...

That is the largest area in the TB. The air has to go through the WHOLE TB, so if the rear opening of the TB is 58mm, what is the size of the TB? Isn't the smallest size the most area the air has to use?