• 18"

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • 19"

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • 20"

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

18s are big yet affordable which in my eyes makes more sense as a factory rim. Unfortunately i dont think the wheels that they are going to use look that great if that is the final product. You are right on those 65 series though, just a bit much for a sport/muscle car.
Kevin

19s = a little too big, usually heavy, less off the line traction and expensive tires
17s = too small, usually not stiff enough sidwall for hard cornering
18s = great balance, IMHO

had65want05 said:
What will it end at - Wagon wheels. Are we going back to the old wagons of the wild-wild west. What is wrong with 15" or 16" wheels?

Loren

Amen Brother. I want some 14's just like I have on my 66. Then I'll get some tires with big white letters on them.

Bling Bling?...... Hell No!

17" are in the sweet spot right now, they have that low profile look but tires are still affordable, 18"s are quickly moving into this segmant. If you get too big you start to lose performance due to weight. I feel that 18" is the beaking point in weight vs. style and the all around best choice for people looking for performance and the low pro tire/big rim look.

I like the 20s on the concept as well...

I think the Cobra should ride on 19" or 20". The wheel well is pretty large on the new stang, and the overall diameter of the rolling stock has grown as well. So the sidewall on said 19" or 20" will not be as short as the same on the previous generation of Mustang, and the ride quality is going to be much, much better due to the increased structural integrity and the front suspension with 'dual stage' bushings. 18s look good too. If 19s or 20s are used on the Cobra, please make the wheel as light as possible!

Just a fad

It's just a fad, like bell bottom pants, I would think. NASCAR uses 15" and they get around the track at 180+ MPH just fine. The 13 and 14 inch are harder to balance, so those are out. When you get into 15, to 17" there is plenty of rubber on the ground and they are at a good price for tire replacement. Just because soemthing is a fad, does not make it better. Personally, I think the super large ones look hiddeous. Why make your sports car look like an SUV? That said, if it lights your fire, go for it. I have seen some low rider cars with what looks like 12" wheels, or something. If they are happy, that is great. If ya own the car, do your own thing. The next thing ya know, sport car companies will be building SUVs
:rolleyes:
Loren