Forced Induction What size throttle body

nickstone302

Jan 26, 2010
Maine
Hi everyone, ill be running a vortech s/c on my car this year and am going to be upgrading my throttle body. I am running a cobra intake and am wondering what size throttle body to run and/or should I be running it with an egr spacer? Thanks for any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't the Cobra have a built in EGR spacer? Anyway, the GT40 family of intakes can take a 70mm TB with little or no port matching. That would be the easy route. You could also try to port match a 75mm onto it, which is something I'd be tempted to do, but I have no idea how much wall thickness you have to work with on a Cobra intake.

Doesn't the Cobra have a built in EGR spacer? Anyway, the GT40 family of intakes can take a 70mm TB with little or no port matching. That would be the easy route. You could also try to port match a 75mm onto it, which is something I'd be tempted to do, but I have no idea how much wall thickness you have to work with on a Cobra intake.

+1

I'm running a KB supercharger with a BBK 70mm TB and 70mm EGR. You will need to keep the EGR if you have emission testing where you live.

Apples and Oranges. :O_o:

If you just want to bolt on the 70mm will fit, if you want to open the intake up 75mm is about all you can do with a nice taper to keep enough meat at the flange.