What spark plugs are you happy with?

i'm running the 7989s at .47.have tryed everything from 42 to 50 and the 47 seems to work best for me.i'm also running a cai,diablo tune and the bottom part with the solid wire connectors from the msd coilpacks.they make a better connection and are a series of coiled wire,rather than a flimsy spring.

• Sponsors (?)

I pulled my OEM plugs following the TSB at 7,000 miles.

I am running Autolite HT0's per my tuner's recommendation in my S/C application.

I will probably run Brisks the next time I replace them.

Although this TSB is for the 5.4 trucks and applies also to the 4.6 3V , do I need to worry about this on my 09 GT? Do you think they applied the anti-seize on my plugs during the build? I will pull the plugs later this week to check, just looking for some info from you '09 guys before I proceed.

Personally, I've taken about six sets of plugs out of 3V motors. I haven't had one break off following the TSB. What about you? :nono:

I have had some break..

you get a F-150 with 100+ K on it with a lot of carbon then they break.. But that happened when I did not have time to let it sit for awhile soaking

The best way to avoid it is to crack them a tiny bit loose and let them soak overnight
then you work them slowly back and forth and they come out.

Although this TSB is for the 5.4 trucks and applies also to the 4.6 3V , do I need to worry about this on my 09 GT? Do you think they applied the anti-seize on my plugs during the build? I will pull the plugs later this week to check, just looking for some info from you '09 guys before I proceed.

If yoiu have an '09, you shouldn't have any problem. Your engine should have the new head design with the new one piece plug. :nice:

When my wife was out of town I drove her car and spent 3 days loosening the plugs until they "bound" up. They all came out fine and I probably could have done it faster. But I had the time, so I took it.

I put the Champion 7989s in and my mileage and low rpm smoothness improved. I think that is just age on the old plugs though (64,000 miles).

im going to have to change my stock plugs, I now just hit 20,000 miles so I should get to em before they get really hard to remove...

So it sounds like if you're N/A the best choice is champions???

is this true??

I have 72,000 miles on my 06 with original plugs... been dreading the change so I have been putting it off. (yes, I know, a lot of miles...but its a cali car and I am stationed in NC, plus its been to Michigan and back twice...along with the 300 miles a week for work)

I have 72,000 miles on my 06 with original plugs... been dreading the change so I have been putting it off. (yes, I know, a lot of miles...but its a cali car and I am stationed in NC, plus its been to Michigan and back twice...along with the 300 miles a week for work)

Believe me, I feel your pain. You do have one advantage those of us that pulled the crap stock plugs a year or more ago didn't have. You have the advantage of KNOWLEDGE. If you've read through the posts, you know what to expect, and how to attack this monster. Good luck, Brother - just take your time. :flag:

Does anyone here know what the changeover date to the new heads was? I have an '08 built in Aug. '07, so not sure if I have the new or old style plugs. Only have 12,000 on it, so if I have the two piece design, need to do it soon.

she's right,half way thru.i've had my champions in as long as goldenpony and not one problem.pull them out every 5000 miles and regap and clean them.mine are at 47" and they seem to be fine.tried everything from 42-52.47 seems to be the spot.