What suspension should I buy?

• Sponsors (?)

the Bullit suspension is a great all-around suspension. it's better in every way over stock except maybe launching, but just a litle bit if at all. and that can be a mute point if you add some control arms.

the best suspension is really up to you and what you are expecting. if you want a good road racing set up, it won't ride as good. and if you want a good drag set up, you won't handle as good.

I put on my full Eibach suspension about a month ago and love it. It came with the springs, sway bars, shocks/struts, and all required parts. It lowered the front about 1.5 inches, and the rear about 1.25 inches. Now there is AMAZINGLY less nose dive on braking and body roll on sharp turns at any speed. Also, when I went to get it aligned, it was even off by .05 degrees; just saves some money and your tires...

NachoGT03 said:
I put on my full Eibach suspension about a month ago and love it. It came with the springs, sway bars, shocks/struts, and all required parts. It lowered the front about 1.5 inches, and the rear about 1.25 inches. Now there is AMAZINGLY less nose dive on braking and body roll on sharp turns at any speed. Also, when I went to get it aligned, it was even off by .05 degrees; just saves some money and your tires...

Hey Nacho,
I'm looking into the same Eibach system for my GT. How much was the whole kit and where did you get it? Also, how was the install? did you install it yourself?
Thanks,
WES

2003BlackStang said:
:bang: I was wondering what the best suspension for my 2003 GT is? I know there is alot out there. I am looking at price, ride, quality, and best looks. Any info will help thanx... i will also race the car so traction would be a plus

Dragstrip or road course? Or Both? It makes a difference in the kind of components you should be looking for.

01PonyGT said:
Hey Nacho,
I'm looking into the same Eibach system for my GT. How much was the whole kit and where did you get it? Also, how was the install? did you install it yourself?
Thanks,
WES

The Pro-System Plus is between $800 and $900. I think I paid $840 for mine. I have yet to install it... Waiting for spring time :nice:

01PonyGT said:
Hey Nacho,
Thanks,
WES
I got the kit from http://www.tirerack.com for $896.64 (included shipping to Oklahoma). I had it installed by the local mustang shop, Powerhouse, who has done everything major on both my Mustangs. The ONLY problem that we encountered where that the bolts that hold on the rear sway bar had to be replace with bigger ones (Home Depot, $5)...

Go with the Cobra gear, Bilstiens, those things are amazing. I have the bullit setup, and I'm not as happy with it as I would like to be. You pay more for the Bilsteins, but they are certainly worth it. Be sure to grab some lower control arms, as far as traction goes, those are a must. Get yourself Steeda's rear sway bar too, it's a very good investment.

I am going to go with the full on Eibach kit as well.....They are just starting production of a brand new adjustable coil over kit for the Mustang!! Can you say adjustable ride height!!! Just waiting for them to be in full out production...