What the deal with the Densecharger kit?

I was weighting on my gear install and in an old MM&FF (i think) they had close-up pic of a TB to filter densecharger on a table, and it looked like they went down to lowes or home depot, bought some plumbing stuff, painted it black, and there selling it for like $145. :nonono: :bs: in my opinion. Now I have no shame in having plumbing on my car, as I made a CAI out of plumbing stuff from Home depot myself for MAF to filter into my fenderwell, but what gives with the price tag. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i just got the tbody pipe...it was like 60 shipped

the customer service is second to none, demollet is a good guy
the piece is quality and shipping was ontime

yes it is a pvc type thing...but its alot better then doing it yourself, and is rather cheap the way i did it...

c-l, densecharger tbody
takes out a TURN of the air induction :D

The densecharger is a good piece. people down talk it and say its trash and could be made at home depot. but then again look at the hp and trq gains that it makes. its just as comprable to any of the other cai's. infact, it out performed other cai's on the 2003 cobra comparison, and by a noticable amount. So how about you trash the metal cai's that cost more, absorb more heat, and make less hp... :nonono: :notnice:
Mike