What tire pressure do you run in the winter ?

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
Do you you guys run any different tire pressure in the winter/cold weather than in the summer? In the summer I run around 30 in the rear tires and 32-34 in the fronts. Not really worried about corner carving alot, but better traction and maybe a slight weight transfer with the height shifted a little. But what about in the winter for safety reasons whats the best. The recommended 32 psi all the way around ?

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

I run snow tires. And I keep them up around 36PSI... better penetration using skinnier (225's) tires and keeping them well inflated. Though... if you're really running Khumo MX's year round I wouldn't bother changing tire pressures, they're gonna suck in any actual winter weather anyway.

I run 35 in all four all year round. My car is a DD and I dont rag on it that much. Traction doesnt really suffer all that much by doing so, plus it helps with the gas mileage. At the track I have lowered it some with minimal gains if any at all. Running a street radial you likely gain little if nothing by running a low pressure. Drag radials or slicks perhaps but they are designed for this.

I run 35 in all four all year round. My car is a DD and I dont rag on it that much. Traction doesnt really suffer all that much by doing so, plus it helps with the gas mileage. At the track I have lowered it some with minimal gains if any at all. Running a street radial you likely gain little if nothing by running a low pressure. Drag radials or slicks perhaps but they are designed for this.

I beg the differ , all my best 60' came with the psi around 20 , 1.9-2.0 are not to bad for a street tire with 4.10s !

I run snow tires. And I keep them up around 36PSI... better penetration using skinnier (225's) tires and keeping them well inflated. Though... if you're really running Khumo MX's year round I wouldn't bother changing tire pressures, they're gonna suck in any actual winter weather anyway.

Yeh currently have Khumo MX's on the car but there warn out. I have a set of BFG's KDW2's in my carport ready to get put on. BFG finally came out with a 275/40/17 in the KDW 2's so I jumped on it. I know there still a summer tire but should act better than the Khumo MX's. MX's were a great summer dry traction tire on the street, one of the best I've owned. And definately recommend them but definately are a brutal tire in the rain

Josh