what to do......help

• Sponsors (?)

Actually I would put it in a place where he would see it a lot. That way he might get sick and tired of seeing it and cave in.

Did you think it would be a problem when you bought it?
Scott

hahahaha i should do the chisel idea. he doesnt want me to cause he says he doenst want to hear it and it illeagal but who gives a crap, my dad was a gear head back in his day but he just is being difficult, or the idea of him seeing it alot might work, im gonna try that, or i can just go put it on and piss him off, who knows

why would you want to respect the wishes of your parents? im assuming by the fact that you are having problems with your dad letting you mod your car that you are either under the age of 18 or he bought the car for you. arent those good enough reasons? like it or not, if either of those are true, he has every right to tell you what you can and cant do to it.

actually im 18, and i bought the car myself, im on his insurance so thats why he thinks he can tell me what to do. im guessing your older or a parent yourself cause you dont seem to understand. dont bother replying , what you say doesnt help, at least the other guys in here understand because they are real mustang enthusiasts and/or have been throguh it before, but thanks for your insight

cb18201 said:
actually im 18, and i bought the car myself, im on his insurance so thats why he thinks he can tell me what to do. im guessing your older or a parent yourself cause you dont seem to understand. dont bother replying , what you say doesnt help, at least the other guys in here understand because they are real mustang enthusiasts and/or have been throguh it before, but thanks for your insight
im 24. and i have been in your shoes before. i respected my parents wishes and eventually they stopped caring. as far as your "mustang enthusiast" comment, i have a 94 gt where the only stock part on it is the bottom end and an 03 cobra that i drive every day. how you figure im not a real mustang enthusiast, ill never know. what i meant was he obviously has a hold on you whether it be because of insurance, your age, or whatnot. the best thing i can recommend for you to do is sit him down and talk about it rationally and explain what you want to do and how it wont have a negative effect on him. otherwise, just do what i did and wait it out in hopes that eventually he will stop caring.

Green 94 5.0 said:
the best thing i can recommend for you to do is sit him down and talk about it rationally and explain what you want to do and how it wont have a negative effect on him.
Agreed. Don't start yelling and screaming because it's not going to help your case. I really wouldn't come around here telling people that they aren't a "mustang enthusiast" because your going to get no where really fast saying stuff like that. Your 18, how much of an enthusiast could you be? You have to come to some type of compromise. Tell him that you will sell the H-pipe you have now for a legal, catted H. Luckily, my Dad loves to do stuff to my car, but we still make compromises. I wanted a 4.10, he said hell no. He wanted a 3.55, and I said hell no. We settled for a 3.73. If you act like a huge ass towards your Dad, like you are right now, I understand why he's not budging...

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Agreed. Don't start yelling and screaming because it's not going to help your case. I really wouldn't come around here telling people that they aren't a "mustang enthusiast" because your going to get no where really fast saying stuff like that. Your 18, how much of an enthusiast could you be? You have to come to some type of compromise. Tell him that you will sell the H-pipe you have now for a legal, catted H. Luckily, my Dad loves to do stuff to my car, but we still make compromises. I wanted a 4.10, he said hell no. He wanted a 3.55, and I said hell no. We settled for a 3.73. If you act like a huge ass towards your Dad, like you are right now, I understand why he's not budging...

Joe

:hail2:

If sorta in the same boat in that i'm 21 and the car is a join project with my dad that he helps me with and also helps pay for. Because he helps, I really can't argue if he objects to anything. I've learned that if I do a good job of making my case rationally and persistantly, he will usually listen, and if not, well its on his insurance and in his name, so I really can't argue.