what to do with cd player space????

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
So I have an aftermarket cd player now, and I don't need the factory one anymore. What kind of things have you guys done with the space. I don't really have a need for gauges yet, and probably wouldn't put them there anyways. I'm thinking of maybe mounting a blue neon tube where the old cd player was, covering that with frosted plexi glass, and covering that with a sticker, with a cobra emblem cut out on each side, and the letters cobra inbetween. how does that sound? shouldn't cost that much to do. Any suggestions???? thanks chris

• Sponsors (?)

yeah I can get a pocket, at best buy for 18.50, like anything would stay put in there, I guess it might. I don't want to see a neon tube, I would get the pocket, install the blue tube on inside on the back, and cover the front with frosted plexiglass. and then go to a trim and design shop, and have them make me a thick black sticker, to cover the plexiglass, except for two small cobra emblems, one on the left facing left, and one on the right, facing right, and the letters spelling out cobra inbetween. it would just be a subtle thing, not flashing with music or anything, my new pioneer cd player already lights up my car at night. so it would be just a soft glow, not something really distracting, and you wouldn't even notice it during the day, unless I used some color other than black for the cover. just trying to do something different, neon is too late 90's to be a dominate feature