What To Do

bstinger26

Jun 28, 2012
I'm looking to buy a Cobra vert in. A few months. I am curious about what I should spend. I'm looking for anything between 94-04. What are some common issues that they have and how do I know if I'm getting what I am paying for. Also whats a reasonable amount of mikes on it. I don't want to buy it and then have to put a bunch of money in it. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

You've got a wide decade there. There's a big differance in the 4 cobras produced during that time. I've seen 94-95's go for as low as $6k, 96-98 $8k, 99-02 $10, and the Terminators still up around $15k or more. Personnally I'd hunt for the 03-04 terminator. They're stout cars and tend to be low miles. On average they say 10k-12k miles a year is normal. That said my 98 GT is 15 years old with 147k miles on it so is valued slightly higher. If you find one with low miles, you'll most likely pay for it. Higher miles mean it might need a little more love. I seem to recall fuel pump issues on the 5.0 Cobras in 94-95.

I was going to say the same thing. That is a pretty wide span of models. If I were looking at price I'd look at an 01 Cobra 1st then a 97-98. The 03-04 is still pretty high but if you have the cash that is a good choice.

Thank you for all of your help. I think I am going to narrow what I am looking for down to 96-98. I had a 98 gt and I loved it but I am stationed in Germany and I am getting ready to move back so I had to sell her. If anyone has anything specific on those three years that would be awesome. Thanks again.

I had a 96 GT. I just like the style better than the 99-04. Finding one in good shape may be a problem. I'd go as far as looking all over the country. I found a 96 Mystic Cobra low miles in Ventura, CA last summer. Thought real serious about going to get it until I ran across the car I have now.