what to go with?

cheeks

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1999
I've decided to get some MM full length subframe's and was wondering if i should just get the bare steel or powdercoated black ones??...(there is a $30 difference in price)??...Which would be better?...thanx :D

• Sponsors (?)

Go with Maier Racing Sub frame Connectors.. Sorry to burst your bubble but I had a set similar to MM( they were Kenny browns) and i ended up returning them because if you plan to put in a torque arm or panhard bar, Shops have to cut the crap out of the subs. I had powder coated so they wouldnt rust. The customer service was awesome as well.....
I had these on my 93 and it ran on rails.... As soon as I get the time I am going to get a set put on my 89... Awesome Mod.. Good luck

Stalone93GT said:
Go with Maier Racing Sub frame Connectors.. Sorry to burst your bubble but I had a set similar to MM( they were Kenny browns) and i ended up returning them because if you plan to put in a torque arm or panhard bar, Shops have to cut the crap out of the subs.

FWIW the MM sfc are designed to work with their t/a so the aforementioned hacking/cutting isn't necessary (assuming you ever want a t/a setup). IMHO you should save the $30, get the bare metal sfc's and after they're welded in place just give it a nice shot of black tremclad. that is unless you have a show car.

-steve