What turbos would you guys go with for big power

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

We would need to know whats in your build to recommend a " big power " turbo.

You sound like a real ***

Reactions: 1 user
Not enough?

Here's another one... Very big power... Uuuuge! You'll have... the best... Big Power Turbo. Bigly!

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 5 users
There's a lot that goes into choosing a turbo. I came off like i did because you're a idiot if you think anyone can advise a big power turbo without either suggesting suporting parts or knowing what you already have.

I think its all BS anyways.

I have a turbo car...so do a few guys here...lets see a pic of this project man...

...or at least a list of the mods you don't need help with.

I have no problem helping someone that really needs it. There's no way I'll let a troll come in here and not call you out.

Prove me wrong.

There's a lot that goes into choosing a turbo. I came off like i did because you're a idiot if you think anyone can advise a big power turbo without either suggesting suporting parts or knowing what you already have.

I think its all BS anyways.

I have a turbo car...so do a few guys here...lets see a pic of this project man...

...or at least a list of the mods you don't need help with.

I have no problem helping someone that really needs it. There's no way I'll let a troll come in here and not call you out.

Prove me wrong.
Ight bet it’s late and the cars at my other place (not trying to come off as a dick but that’s the truth) tomorrow I’ll take some pictures but it’s basically stock besides headers and a camshaft other than that all the time that has gone into this car has been getting it running. That’s why I’m asking about good turbo kits I’m starting to get into the area where I don’t know things

What turbos would you guys go with for big power? Please don’t tell me about anything else I don’t need help with that, I just need help with the turbos thanks. Thanks!
You are just asking to be flamed with a question like that. And when you get a smart answer you reply with a defamatory statement, well you set yourself up for that one, think about your question, read it to yourself.
Now you just posted:
Ight bet it’s late and the cars at my other place (not trying to come off as a dick but that’s the truth) tomorrow I’ll take some pictures but it’s basically stock besides headers and a camshaft other than that all the time that has gone into this car has been getting it running. That’s why I’m asking about good turbo kits I’m starting to get into the area where I don’t know things
Now your asking about 'turbo kits' and that with the addition of a description of what your starting with and the admission that you are venturing into unknown territory will get you a lot better suggestions than your original question.
Now get those pics and tell us your budget and the members here will tell you how fast you can go.

You sound like a lonely fat slob. Tf are you coming at me for this is way no one like car guys

Bad move dude..

You did this on your other thread. Asking for advice, but giving nothing other than generic what-ifs to the people who tried to give you advice. You had 15k to spend a month ago..... what have you done with it? Where are the pics of what you've bought?

I'm gonna tell ya, if I had 15k to spend, there'd be a whole garage full of parts that i went out and bought the next day, and a buttload of pics to go with it.

You're gonna find out real quick that people see right through a poser.
Most here have already done that.

You have a stock block from what I can get from your other thread.. if that's the case here, then in your quest to make " Big power" your engine will be your waste gate.
Exactly one time.

It doesn't take 5 minutes of reading to learn that a 5.0 tolerates a certain power limit before it expires.

Or, You could build what most here consider " big power" ( 700+) and to keep everything intact, your 15 k budget will get spent completely under the hood.

Do yourself a favor and stop yanking people around unless you just want to piss people off. ( trust me here...theres a couple of guys here you don't want to piss off) 90Sickfox has probably forgotten more than you'll ever come to know about a car, and somebody that truly wouldve been happy to offer you assistance. Not anymore though.

So I'm gonna draw a line in the sand here..if you are truly working on a car let's see it. If you're truly building it up let's see the progress..if you truly want help, don't post a veiled question like the start of this thread has.. and maybe you'll get a straight answer. You got BS answers because you asked a BS question, and it's like I said, people here see through pretenders real quick.

So do we have a real car, or are we playing make believe?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I build OE style and Custom turbos for Subarus and have built some big horsepower turbos. One of them has turned 559AWHP with 603LBFT out of 2.5L DOHC Boxer engine. That number is horsepower at the wheels driving all 4 wheels. I've also built a few for other asshats that "know that I'm doing" and watched them blow the heads right off their cars. I don't build huge custom turbos anymore because no one wants to pay for the work involved, plus most people are expecting something different to happen than actually does. Huge turbos have huge lag, and most people don't get it because bigger is always better, right? NOT...especially for a DD street car.

There's a LOT more to going turbo than just bolting it on and stomping on the throttle, hence the reason I no longer build for people that just want to "turbo their car". If you're building a V8 car, two small turbos will give you a lot more yield in driveability and solid street performance, than one huge turbo. You see the big turbos on drag cars and they work because that particular vehicle is designed around the turbo and it's boost capabilities. Not real world effective for a street car.

Turbos are NOT like superchargers in that the spool time for a turbo gives a lag time up to a certain rpm and then when it hits, it hits HARD and can literally destroy parts if the parts are not correct for the application. Superchargers in street applications put out 6-9 psi of continual boost while a "BIG" turbo will have a couple thousand rpm lag and then immediately can put out 30+ psi of boost, and that does NOT get along well with compression unless it's built to compensate for that big hit.

A few photos of some of the work I've done.

?hash=84671d1fefe420d220f721527a130a4d.jpg

Attachments

• Custom VF40 Red.jpg
    Custom VF40 Red.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: 3 users
You will spend more on the fuel system and tuning than you will the turbo kit. prepare for that.

Stock block 302... you want a cam with minimal overlap to keep the boost up along with cylinder pressures, keep timing very conservative and let the turbo make the power. A basic On3 kit at 15PSI on a stock 5.0HO will net over 550ftlb and 450hp under 6k RPM.. stud the block.. The basic 70mm turbo will do everything your stock block will hold. Sure more power can be made by the right combo of parts and some conservative tuning but you may loose the bottom end if things go south.
I suggest a minimum 255lph fuel pump and 42lb injectors, the newer LU47 injectors are nice and priced right but require adapters.

There is your advice, use it.

//thread

Reactions: 3 users
Been awhile since the op.said pics are coming?what about budget? What about supporting parts like trans he's running?fuel system?Smells a little catfishy.

Bad move dude..

You did this on your other thread. Asking for advice, but giving nothing other than generic what-ifs to the people who tried to give you advice. You had 15k to spend a month ago..... what have you done with it? Where are the pics of what you've bought?

I'm gonna tell ya, if I had 15k to spend, there'd be a whole garage full of parts that i went out and bought the next day, and a buttload of pics to go with it.

You're gonna find out real quick that people see right through a poser.
Most here have already done that.

You have a stock block from what I can get from your other thread.. if that's the case here, then in your quest to make " Big power" your engine will be your waste gate.
Exactly one time.

It doesn't take 5 minutes of reading to learn that a 5.0 tolerates a certain power limit before it expires.

Or, You could build what most here consider " big power" ( 700+) and to keep everything intact, your 15 k budget will get spent completely under the hood.

Do yourself a favor and stop yanking people around unless you just want to piss people off. ( trust me here...theres a couple of guys here you don't want to piss off) 90Sickfox has probably forgotten more than you'll ever come to know about a car, and somebody that truly wouldve been happy to offer you assistance. Not anymore though.

So I'm gonna draw a line in the sand here..if you are truly working on a car let's see it. If you're truly building it up let's see the progress..if you truly want help, don't post a veiled question like the start of this thread has.. and maybe you'll get a straight answer. You got BS answers because you asked a BS question, and it's like I said, people here see through pretenders real quick.

So do we have a real car, or are we playing make believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.