What U/L control arm setup should I go with?

DaveL

Founding Member
May 10, 2001
NYC
I'm thinking about the adjustable lowers from Maximum Motorsports but not sure about the upper ones. Should I go with the FMS upper with the stiffer bushings for the axle or go with the Steeda uppers that look like the stockers?

• Sponsors (?)

I trust Maximum Motorsports -- they're of the opinion that Ford Motorsport HD uppers are the best option. You don't want it too stiff, and you definitely want rubber bushings -- otherwise it'll bind, and this is a Bad Thing(tm) on our four-link setup.

I think the ultimate setup is a torque arm & panhard bar, and delete the uppers altogether. :D

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I trust Maximum Motorsports -- they're of the opinion that Ford Motorsport HD uppers are the best option. You don't want it too stiff, and you definitely want rubber bushings -- otherwise it'll bind, and this is a Bad Thing(tm) on our four-link setup.

I think the ultimate setup is a torque arm & panhard bar, and delete the uppers altogether. :D

Dave

Torque arm and panhard bar are definately planned for the future. I'd do it all now but I can't afford the whole setup and the labor it'd cost to do it.